Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Top 5 unique pieces in your collection.

Just a curious question. What are your top 5 interesting pieces in your collection? Here are mine:

1. Very Rare Reach 3 finger fielder's glove. What makes this one so special is that it has a full web.

2. 1924 Women's Industrial League Baseball trophy. Very neat cup with unique designs at the top. Great history of early women's baseball.

3. Early sporting goods advertising piece. A Peerless Sporting Goods wooden wagon.

4. An early baseball bat signage. Lists the bat prices for the time period.

5. Old Spalding trophy with a pitcher topper. This prize was for the Carter Oil Commercial Champs of 1923 Tulsa.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: Top 5 unique pieces in your collection.

How about a signed business card from the Phillies team doctor who treated Cal Ripken's broken nose at the 1996 All Star Game in Philadelphia?

Not in any particular order...

1) a construction contact signed by former Phillies Whiz Kid Granny Hamner and his wife to have their home built in Richmond, Va. circa 1957

2) a game used Richmond Braves hat - game used meaning I wore it to about a dozen games when I worked security for them briefly during the 2007 season

3) a 1977 LS Tom Underwood game used bat. Used before his mid-season trade to the Cardinals. I've never seen another legit Underwood bat for sale and this one is unique (to me) because I found it in an umbrella stand in an antique store.

4) a Ryan Minor autographed baseball.......who? any guesses as to the significance?

Vintage Deputy,

Ryan Minor replaced Cal Ripken, Jr. to end "the streak."

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by 89ASMVPBats View Post
    Vintage Deputy,

Ryan Minor replaced Cal Ripken, Jr. to end "the streak."

Drew
    You are correct!

My top 5 would be:

1) 1973 Full home Giants Dave Kingman Uniform

2) 1972 Road Giants Kingman flannel

3) 71-74 Giants Kingman batting helmet

4) Mid 80's Kingman Mets batting helmet

5) Mid 70's GU Kingman OF glove

Top 5 unique or 1 of a kind items.

1.) The first Jersey Barry Bonds wore and hit the first official HR at Pac Bell Park 4/11/2000.

2.) Barry Bonds Sam Bat 2001 signed HR #495 (photomatched). Hr 495 was the first of 73 HRS in 2001.

3.) Barry Bonds photomatched rookie glove.

4.) 2001 Road jersey, the only real one ethat ever publicaly changed hands.

5.)1987 Barry Bonds road jersey and pants game used jersey

I have too many to list, but here are a few -

1950s Lincoln, Nebraska Train Station poster for a game in Kansas City to see local hero Bob Cerv play.

1906 photo taken by Matty McIntyre of Hall of Famer Big Sam Thompson at Bennett Park in Detroit. Thompson came out of retirement to play a few games for the Tigers in 1906.

Postcard from Nebraska Indians player (and Boxing Hall of Fame member) Dan Tobey to Honus Wagner's brother asking him to come play for the Nebraska Indians barnstorming team.

1911 Panoramic photo of the opening game in Lincoln, Nebraska showing both the Lincoln and Denver Western League clubs

I have about 50 clippings from newspapers that Dick Stuart kept while he was with the Lincoln Chiefs - they detail his 66 home run year in 1956...he wrote on most of them...he had quite the ego.

Slidekellyslide---

if you ever think about moving the Dick Stuart material (all or part) please keep me in mind.

Thanks
    Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

I have a 1953 postcard of the Old Course at St. Andrews. On the reverse, the guy wrote about how they had gone to Carnoustie the prior day where he followed Ben Hogan as he was playing in the Open Championship, which he won in his only attempt and his only visit to Scotland.