Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about 2006 Pro Bowl Jersey

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2006 Tom Brady pro bowl jersey on ebay. It is size 48 with 4"LB. Is mine really "game issued" or not? how many were made? I read somewhere that there are only 5 in existance...could this be true? It has the letters sewn to the nameplate, then the nameplate sewn to the jersey...I have pics if anyone can tell, but what should i look for?

Banned

Re: Question about 2006 Pro Bowl Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by respo View Post
    Hey everyone, I just bought a 2006 Tom Brady pro bowl jersey on ebay. It is size 48 with 4"LB. Is mine really "game issued" or not? how many were made? I read somewhere that there are only 5 in existance...could this be true? It has the letters sewn to the nameplate, then the nameplate sewn to the jersey...I have pics if anyone can tell, but what should i look for?
    Post pics, but know there are a TON of Brady Pro Bowl knockoff jerseys out there. Odds of it having been near the Pro Bowl locker room are very poor.

what do you want pics of? tags? letters? is there any sure fire way to know if it is truly game issued or not? it came with no store or price tags on it btw

here are some pics. what do you all think?
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]

That NOB looks a little questionable to me.

Getty has a pic that says it's from the 2005 PB.

Brady wore this style at the '05 Pro Bowl...elected in '06, in which they wore the same style jersey, he did not go due to injury...Moreover, the sleeves are wrong as well as the font on the nameplate....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

On a jersey like this, you should be able to photo match the way the numbers line up with the NFL logos in the material. I'm sure this would be the same as how no two pinstriped jerseys are exactly the same.

In comparing the pictures, it looks like in the getty image there is more space between the numbers; room for a full NFL logo. The other jersey looks like they are much closer together. While angles can often be deceiving, the placement and distance of these logos should give you a pretty good picture that they are not the same.

When comparing, take into consideration that one jersey is wrinkled on the floor, while the other is more stretched out and draped on the player.

I can tell you this, for $35 including shipping, you can buy a very convincing 2006 Pro Bowl jersey with +4" added. I'm not saying that this jersey is one of those, but the knock-offs are not bad looking and are easy to find. It would be fairly simple, I would imagine, to get a few of the $35 knock-offs, change a couple of tags and have a really convincing jersey.

where can i get one for $35? not ebay....?