Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: How do I get a g/u Steelers jersey?

Kicker for me isn't so much the jersey asking price (although some people forget the state of the economy these days), but the $300 surcharge for the signed ones when the signing fee charged through GTSM at two upcoming shows is $20!

Get an unsigned one and get it signed and save $280 minus postage.

I wonder also if price may be higher on some is because he may have had a big game or scored a td or something in that game. The pricing is high, but I bet if they were on NFL.com auctions it's about what they would sell for. Has anyone even seen any other jerseys from the Steelers from last season with the sweet 75th Ann. patch? They just seem impossible to find or even the throwbacks used twice last season and once this season. I also wonder if they carried those over and took the patches off.

what's the reason(s) for teams holding onto the game used jerseys/equipment and not selling them off?

They just seem impossible to find or even the throwbacks used twice last season and once this season. I also wonder if they carried those over and took the patches off.
    The Steelers wore them twice this season as well. Home games against the Ravens & Giants.

I think Holmes was their leading receiver last year.

Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    what's the reason(s) for teams holding onto the game used jerseys/equipment and not selling them off?
    I just assumed that players held on to them for either themselves, or, as gifts to family and friends............trades.

I thought the jerseys were property of the team and not the players, and they are not allowed to keep them?

Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    I thought the jerseys were property of the team and not the players, and they are not allowed to keep them?

in speaking to a current player i know, they must purchase them from the team. they are payroll deducted from their paycheck.

mark