Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: honesty and integrity

ebay is full of people that sell garbage as well as stuff not as described. it is sometimes hard to make something out so you have to depend on the seller to describe as accurate as possible and be honest about it. that is the chance we take with ebay. buyer beware i guess.

i would say that most of us here are pretty honest in how we deal with folks and would expect the same. unfortunately there are those that aren't, including here, and that should not be. i for one don't appreciate being taken, and i think most of you feel the same.

if the person agrees to work something out, great. if not, well, then there is no place for them on here. that is what i feel and if someone wants to chime in feel free. i don't think i am out of hand for this comment.

Re: OT: honesty and integrity

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    ebay is full of people that sell garbage as well as stuff not as described. it is sometimes hard to make something out so you have to depend on the seller to describe as accurate as possible and be honest about it. that is the chance we take with ebay. buyer beware i guess.

i would say that most of us here are pretty honest in how we deal with folks and would expect the same. unfortunately there are those that aren't, including here, and that should not be. i for one don't appreciate being taken, and i think most of you feel the same.

if the person agrees to work something out, great. if not, well, then there is no place for them on here. that is what i feel and if someone wants to chime in feel free. i don't think i am out of hand for this comment.
    As it pertains to e-Bay how many times has someone found a steal or gem at a great price because of the lack of description or details? But when it backfires on us we tend to get upset and vent - hypocrisy we are probably all guilty of at times. I have gotten some great stuff on e-Bay simply because it was not listed correctly, had a poor description, or lacked thorough details. On the other hand I have been burned trying or thinking I was gonna get that "steal." The point is I try to take the good with the bad. If I have a true concern about the item I ask as many questions as possible before I make the commitment to purchase it. If I am trying to get that "deal" we all look for I try not to ask any questions and take my chances or you might find the seller ending the auction and maybe even send his/her item on to an auction house depending on what it is. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Biggest Issue I have with online Purchases is dishonesty, or poor standards. I think people Intentionally develop some "gray area" in this regard. This applies to EVERYTHING when it comes to money, not just Game Used.

The BS Sellers pull Far outweighs the Occasional deal. People can be & are often misleading when it comes to making a buck. We are often tempted by something we are chasing & decide to take the risk. Sellers often don`t respond to questions, are misleading,& we take the chance, based on available info. I just don`t have it in me to piss people off, or mislead people. I like to sleep at night.

Personally I try to ask a question on Items over 50$ just to see if they respond. If I don`t know them, or the standard no response, I normally don`t buy.

Again, almost everyone I`ve dealt with on here, has been quite the exception. HONEST & UPFRONT.

Sean

Great thread! I'm also sick of sellers making potential buyers having to ask so many questions. Sellers always state in their auctions, "ask questions." This way, if you get it and aren't happen, you should have asked.

Too many sellers purposely leave information out. Yes, if it's negative, it will hurts the sale. Still, be honest and get what you can get for it, in its current condition.

Honesty and integrity....are just words to many.

Ivan,

Practice what you preach there buddy....

What are you whining about??? Want some cheese with that whine???

Don't you remember how you told me you wanted to buy a glove from me???

I sent you pictures, you said you wanted it.

Then you never got back to me.....

Maybe you should try anger management, most of your posts are of a negative nature.....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

sorry dave.
    after i asked about it, i left town and didn't get a chance to bid on it. i was very clear with you on that. you sold it so what is the problem? i am not upset about not getting it. why are you still bitter because i didn't get it?

the post is about buying stuff and getting it and it not being in the condition as it was described. that is the problem and some of that stuff is here to.

I guess your memory is shot or selective like a politician????

you agreed to work out a deal and did not keep your word.....

as per your words above "then there is no place for them (you) on here"

if that is truly what you feel, please keep your word this time....
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

sorry dave.
    after i asked about it, i left town and didn't get a chance to bid on it. i was very clear with you on that. you sold it so what is the problem? i am not upset about not getting it. why are you still bitter because i didn't get it?
    I did not see this post...

Apology accepted....

I am not bitter, I just see you as a hypocrite and someone not to deal with!

you came on this forum and complained about others not being honest (keeping their word), yet you could not keep yours.....

A simple email stating you could not keep up to your end of the bargain would have sufficed, however I had to contact you to find out what had happened. That is when you were clear about what happened....

Prior to then, I was expecting a payment from you to end the auction early.

That is all.....
    Thank you,
    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    I did not see this post...

Apology accepted....

I am not bitter, I just see you as a hypocrite and someone not to deal with!

you came on this forum and complained about others not being honest (keeping their word), yet you could not keep yours.....

A simple email stating you could not keep up to your end of the bargain would have sufficed, however I had to contact you to find out what had happened. That is when you were clear about what happened....

Prior to then, I was expecting a payment from you to end the auction early.

That is all.....
    Isn't accepting payment to end an eBay listing early against eBay rules?

(Oh yeah, we all have done it)