Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Dave Grob and President Coolidge request your advice

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I don't understand - Why the personal attacks?

By the way Jim Reed, I remember the quoted thread above, I was referring to Historic Auctions, but I didn't wish to name them by name at the time, but thanks for bringing it up again, like it has anything to do with the discussion at hand. Keep taking cheap shots at me, really mature. You call me a "yellow belly"? What does that mean? I am here, I voice my views, if you don't like them - Block my posts and live in your closed minded world.

I also sign all my posts with my email and my name - No hidden agenda here - I am real and I can be contacted over my views anytime.

As for the line of work I am in, what does that have to do with anything? Pete Peschel, please do not attack me again. Go back to your basement with your bricks and attack some football jerseys before you attack me. Nice to see the usual idiots attack my posts instead of debating the facts.

I SAY IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN - IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS WEAK - YOU ATTACK THE PERSON MAKING THE COMMENTS. THIS IS HOW WEAK PEOPLE ARGUE WHEN THEY CANNOT FACE FACTS.
    Joel...why do you think my question is attacking you?

I simply wanted to compare this situation with the line of work that you are in....I'm in the construction business...we are regulated by codes, standards, and architects

Nobody is attacking anything except for you....and idiots?

Go find that rock again

Joel,

Hugh Jackman's wife emailed me a couple days back saying she still considers me the Sexiest Man Alive.

She wanted to post that comment here, but said the board is littered with smart asses, and she's done with it.

Oh, gotta run. Tiger is texting me...needs more rehab tips.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Joel,

Hugh Jackman's wife emailed me a couple days back saying she still considers me the Sexiest Man Alive.

She wanted to post that comment here, but said the board is littered with smart asses, and she's done with it.

Oh, gotta run. Tiger is texting me...needs more rehab tips.
    Who is Huge Jackman and who is Hugh Jackman's wife?

Who cares?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Joel...why do you think my question is attacking you?

I simply wanted to compare this situation with the line of work that you are in....I'm in the construction business...we are regulated by codes, standards, and architects

Nobody is attacking anything except for you....and idiots?

Go find that rock again
    I think my signature states that I am buying sports memorabilia, coins, bullion and vintage US Currency. I am sorry if you do not know that I deal in sports memorabilia (trading cards, autographed memorabilia and game used memorabilia), I conduct autograph sessions with professional athletes about 2-6 times on the average month and I deal in rare coins and currency.

Do you smell what The Rock is cookin'?

Name:  rock.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  18.5 KB

"Rudy, I have not been selling anything major on eBay recently, what is your point?"

joel, my question didn't specify whether your sales were recent or not. again, does your fervent defense of MEARS have anything to do with the notion that if folks began to lose faith in MEARS, your sales would be negatively affected? i believe it's a relevant question that goes to your real motivations.

myself, i'm not a dealer (unless you count 2 jerseys i sold from my personal collection in order to refocus it and took a loss on both). i've never been an authenticator or worked in an auction house. i have no industry or hobby affiliations. by trade, i'm a software designer.

"What do I collect? Why?"

well i just noticed that it's a rather odd thing to read over 1500 of a member's posts, not including those on the old forum, and have absolutely no idea what he collects. howard's a phillies man, steinmetz is into cubbie shirts, stangel's into old yankees and chargers shirts, i'm a blue jays man, greg otismalibu's a dr.j collector, aeneas enjoy vintage football lids, caravello's a mattingly collector, i could go on and on. but you?

"I do not believe you have to be a collector to post on this forum. I do have a large collection of checks that people bounced on me over the years."

well no you don't but it's certainly an odd place to come for someone who doesn't collect anything but bounced checks. i'm starting to wonder if you just traverse the internet looking for squabbles, regardless of what the forum is about. stop in at the persian-cat-breeders forum and ruffle a few feathers there then drop in to see the folks at the camaro-lovers forum and let them know how crazy they are. any forum will do, doesn't even matter what the topic is.

anyway, as to your anonymous admirer:

lampson: if your admirer has any way for me to contact lampson, be it email, fax, phone number, anything - please let me know and i will gladly contact him. i have been told he's unreachable. besides, is your admirer saying that i haven't been critical of lampson on this forum?

taube: john once told me "We do not grade the bats we sell for obvious reasons." i assume this meant that if he were selling a bat, he wouldn't grade it. unless john lied to me?

gfc/historic/vintage/mastro/etc: have asked, no replies. sure, i'll buy the notion that mears/bushing gets criticized for things they've admitted to while others simply keep quiet. i suppose that's the risk you run when you admit to things.

anyway, i'm off to read some rudy fan club letters myself. i always enjoy the ones that start off "i never thought i'd feel this way about a complete stranger..."

rudy.

joel,

allow me to rephrase my question: if you weren't an ebay dealer who realizes profits from MEARS certs, would you be vehemently defending MEARS' policies in the same manner as you are now?

i realize no profits or loss of profits from MEARS. my opinion stems solely from my genuine interest in the hobby.

if you have the time, i'm dying to know what telling someone to "Go back to your basement with your bricks" means. it sounds like a great insult that i'd like to start using. up until now i've been using george costanza's "stuff your sorrys in a sack, mister" but telling someone to "go back to their basement with their bricks" is even better, once i figure out what it means.

rudy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    "Rudy, I have not been selling anything major on eBay recently, what is your point?"

joel, my question didn't specify whether your sales were recent or not. again, does your fervent defense of MEARS have anything to do with the notion that if folks began to lose faith in MEARS, your sales would be negatively affected? i believe it's a relevant question that goes to your real motivations.

myself, i'm not a dealer (unless you count 2 jerseys i sold from my personal collection in order to refocus it and took a loss on both). i've never been an authenticator or worked in an auction house. i have no industry or hobby affiliations. by trade, i'm a software designer.

"What do I collect? Why?"

well i just noticed that it's a rather odd thing to read over 1500 of a member's posts, not including those on the old forum, and have absolutely no idea what he collects. howard's a phillies man, steinmetz is into cubbie shirts, stangel's into old yankees and chargers shirts, i'm a blue jays man, greg otismalibu's a dr.j collector, aeneas enjoy vintage football lids, caravello's a mattingly collector, i could go on and on. but you?

"I do not believe you have to be a collector to post on this forum. I do have a large collection of checks that people bounced on me over the years."

well no you don't but it's certainly an odd place to come for someone who doesn't collect anything but bounced checks. i'm starting to wonder if you just traverse the internet looking for squabbles, regardless of what the forum is about. stop in at the persian-cat-breeders forum and ruffle a few feathers there then drop in to see the folks at the camaro-lovers forum and let them know how crazy they are. any forum will do, doesn't even matter what the topic is.

anyway, as to your anonymous admirer:

lampson: if your admirer has any way for me to contact lampson, be it email, fax, phone number, anything - please let me know and i will gladly contact him. i have been told he's unreachable. besides, is your admirer saying that i haven't been critical of lampson on this forum?

taube: john once told me "We do not grade the bats we sell for obvious reasons." i assume this meant that if he were selling a bat, he wouldn't grade it. unless john lied to me?

gfc/historic/vintage/mastro/etc: have asked, no replies. sure, i'll buy the notion that mears/bushing gets criticized for things they've admitted to while others simply keep quiet. i suppose that's the risk you run when you admit to things.

anyway, i'm off to read some rudy fan club letters myself. i always enjoy the ones that start off "i never thought i'd feel this way about a complete stranger..."

rudy.
    Rudy, I do not have a collection of game used item. I learned years ago, when my part time business that started around 1985 became my primary source of income starting around 1990 until present day today.

Back then I learned it is more fun for me to be willing to sell everything so I have something do to - Find another or at worst find something else to buy and sell. Though I have kept many items for personal reasons, they are not your reasons.

As for me being concerned about MEARS letters being hurt by your attack against their company has nothing to do with my future sales. I am not concerned for that reason, but you keep digging and maybe you'll figure out the angle that you so seek.

Sleep well, find more issues to attack me on personally since you do not like INTEGRITY - HONESTY - FULL DISCLOSURE - CUSTOMER RESPONSE in a major company.

You rather have them use another authenticator for their items. Other than MeiGray, what authenticator do you suggest? I already explained why MeiGray is not a reasonable alternative due to the fact that they will not look at every item. You are not in the business, even though I offered to start an authentication company with you a long, long time ago.

Then again, don't bother - MEARS is not going to change for you. Authentication is too expensive of a service to have everything authenticated elsewhere.

Here is an obvious question for you to explain why this authentication is acceptable but MEARS is not in your view:

How come Upper Deck Authenticated can have people autograph items and they give authentication for the items and they sell them on their web site? Shouldn't they have another company certify the items before they sell them?

Same question, insert: Steiner Sports (autographs and game used memorabilia)

Same question, insert: MeiGray (game used memorabilia)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    joel,

allow me to rephrase my question: if you weren't an ebay dealer who realizes profits from MEARS certs, would you be vehemently defending MEARS' policies in the same manner as you are now?

i realize no profits or loss of profits from MEARS. my opinion stems solely from my genuine interest in the hobby.

if you have the time, i'm dying to know what telling someone to "Go back to your basement with your bricks" means. it sounds like a great insult that i'd like to start using. up until now i've been using george costanza's "stuff your sorrys in a sack, mister" but telling someone to "go back to their basement with their bricks" is even better, once i figure out what it means.

rudy.
    Rudy, am I friends with Troy Kinunen? Yes. Does Troy have my cell phone number? Yes. Did I miss two calls from Troy earlier today as my cell phone is on silent? Yes. Have I had breakfast with Troy? No. Have I had lunch with Troy? Yes. Have I had dinner with Troy? Yes. Have I sat in Troy's office discussing theory? Yes. Have I disagreed with Troy? Yes. (See my theory of auction houses who do not sign the MEARS Action House Contract Policy not being able to submit to MEARS debate) Does Troy ask me to post on this forum? No. I just believe in him, his company and his concept.

Does my belief that MEARS will be hurt by your arguments will hurt my personal business? Maybe, but I am not concerned about this theory as much as you attacking my friend's company and open disclosure policy.

If this attack was on a similar company I respect, say Game Used Universe, I would feel the same way and give the same return comments.

Sure, you have your fans and followers. People have your private email address? I don't, but people know they can email me if they wish to give me any views or concerns or just talk.

Joel,

From the inordinate amount of replies you have made in just 2 hours it is obvious your subconscious is racked with guilt because you know every rebuttal to your posts in this chain have been based in truth and fact. Me thinks thou dost protest too much. How many times in your life have you admitted to being wrong? I cannot remember one during your long and blathering tenure on this otherwise useful forum.

Jim Reed
    Who could not care less what your grandfather looked like, although he bears a strong resemblence to Julius Rosenburg.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    How come Upper Deck Authenticated can have people autograph items and they give authentication for the items and they sell them on their web site? Shouldn't they have another company certify the items before they sell them?

Same question, insert: Steiner Sports (autographs and game used memorabilia)

Same question, insert: MeiGray (game used memorabilia)
    1) upper deck: because upper deck representatives personally witness the autographs being signed.

2) steiner: because steiner goes into the clubhouse and personally collects the bats and jerseys.

3) meigray: because meigray personally tags each jersey before the game and then goes in and personally collects them after the game.

are troy and dave now personally collecting game-used items after the game? which one of them went into the browns locker room in 1962 to get that jersey from jim brown? i'm guessing it must've been bushing because troy hadn't been born yet. maybe it was miedema though?

rudy.