Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Let's See Some Recent Acquisitions

Here is my most recent add. Pretty excited about it. It's only the 2nd cadet collar uni with detachable sleeves that I have seen anywhere in the past 5 years.

http://www.geocities.com/vintagespor...ReginaUni.html

I'm a bat guy, but with Gehrig gloves being as rare as they are I had to have it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Wow! Love the Gehrig glove. Can you tell us a little bit more about where it came from?

I've picked up pinbacks here and there for quite a while, but I've been looking for them a bit more over the past year. I like the look, variety, and value of them. I believe there are a lot of bargains in pinbacks when you consider the scarcity relative to cards. Every year or two I seem to glom onto some niche I didn't focus on before. I like variety in my collection and enjoy learning about new areas.

My true love will always be bats however.

That is a GREAT Gehrig mitt. I love gloves also, but have peared my collection down from 150 to 50 or so. I still pick up nice gloves when I find them, but avoid the marginal gloves. There was a time where anything pre 1970 would go into the collection...ha ha.

I'm the same way with my collection...I like variety because I like to display items, and it's a much more interesting display to see variety....as far as adding gloves goes I'm still not picky enough I guess...I still like "old", but when I was offered this lot last thursday for $75 I couldn't say no.

Some highlights in the lot are a Johnny Pesky Rawlings model and an extremely nice Mantle MM9 Model with no ink on it and in almost like new condition. I haven't identified the team on the ball yet...It's a Giles NL ball with Don Cardwell....most of the other names I can't make out.

Great lot, particularly at that price. Who is on the bat?

Another Nellie Fox....My third. Although in my defense this one has the 1950-60 labelling and my other two are c1960's.

I forgot to add that this lot came from a garbageman...This is all stuff that people have thrown away in the last few years. Proof that some people's trash is other people's treasure.

Also picked this one up for the collection. I love the size of the handle. I couldn't imagine batting with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Sweet Jackson Type bat...who is the maker? And how much did you have to give for it...if you don't mind my asking?