Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: Pro Athletes From Your High School

Kings park high school- long island, new York

Craig biggio- Houston Astros
    Jim pavese- NHL player for multiple teams (has some solid fights on YouTube)
    Bobby Haney- shortstop for last years NCAA champion gamecocks and currently in giants farm system

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsislife View Post
    Kings park high school- long island, new York

Craig biggio- Houston Astros
    Jim pavese- NHL player for multiple teams (has some solid fights on YouTube)
    Bobby Haney- shortstop for last years NCAA champion gamecocks and currently in giants farm system
    Wow. Kings Park huh. Do you still live there? I am in Smithtown.

Notre Dame H.S, Sherman Oaks, Ca. I went to school with "Wild Thing" Jack McDowell. His Bro was my Algebra Teacher.

• Jim Auten - (Class of 1975) Professional baseball U.C.L.A. Baseball-All American
    • Ed Begley Jr. - actor/environmental advocate
    • Rachel Bilson - (Class of 1999) actress
    • Brian Beauchemin - Head Basketball coach at Glendale Community College for 29 years
    • John S. Boskovich - (Class of 1975) Artist, writer, filmmaker, lawyer, and teacher (d. 2006)
    • Nick Cassavetes - Director
    • Gordy Ceresino - (Class of 1975) American football player, CEO Harris Bretall Sullivan & Smith LLC
    • John Cicuto - former head football coach at Glendale Community College current Athletic Director and Prep All American
    • Chris Dickerson - Major league baseball player for the Cincinnati Reds
    • Jamie Dixon - Class of 1983, men's basketball coach at University of Pittsburgh
    • Maggie Dixon - Class of 1995, former women's basketball coach at the United States Military Academy (d. 2006)
    • James P. Docherty - (Class of 1975), former president of Hachette Filipacchi New Media, founder of Great Atlantic Trophy Company
    • Daniel W. Donahue - Donahue was a member of the Board of Trustees and past Chairman of the International Council of Shopping Centers, which represents 35,000 shopping center professionals worldwide. Projects including Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California; Fashion Island in Newport Beach, California; The Market Place (formerly Tustin Market Place) in Tustin, California; Galleria at Tyler in Riverside, California; and numerous other major shopping centers throughout California. (d. 2003)
    • Terry Donahue - Former University of California, Los Angeles football player and coach
    • Kirsten Dunst - (Class of 2000) American actress
    • Justin Fargas - (Class of 1998), American NFL football player, currently Oakland Raiders running back
    • Nick Folk - American football player, kicker for the New York Jets
    • Maureen Flannigan - Evie in Out of This World
    • Tim Foli - major league baseball player;first pick in the Major League Baseball Draft in 1968
    • Taylor Fry - (Class of 1999), Actress best known for her role on the TV show "Kirk"
    • Donald Gibb - Ogre in Revenge of the Nerds
    • Pat Gillick - General Manager of the Philadelphia Phillies.
    • Dan Goossen - Boxing Promoter, president of Goossen-Tutor
    • Greg Goossen - major league baseball player/actor
    • Devon Gummersall - actor - My So-Called Life
    • David Hanna - President, CEO, or Director of more than 15 high technology companies. He is Chairman of the Board of Blue Coat Systems and Tropos Networks, and is on the Board of Directors of Handmark Inc. Chairman of Hanna Ventures.
    • Eric Harper - Director/Writer
    • Jimmy Hawkins - Actor - It's a Wonderful Life; The Donna Reed Show, Petticoat Junction, Annie Oakley
    • Brett Hayes - Major League Baseball Player
    • Richard Keith - Actor - Little Ricky "I Love Lucy"
    • Myles Helm - (Class of 1975) President DAUM Commercial
    • James H. Herndon - orthopaedic surgeon, president of an orthopaedic surgery organization
    • Spencer Johnson - Author - "One Minute Manager", "Who Moved My Cheese"
    • Travis Johnson - American football player, defensive tackle for the San Diego Chargers
    • Staci Keanan - played in Step by Step (TV series) and in 1980s TV series My Two Dads
    • David Kopay - American football running back, one of the first professional athletes to come out as gay.
    • David C. Lane - professor of philosophy and sociology/author
    • Harper LeBel - American football player
    • Marcus M. Maassen - Professor/Doctor - University Hospital of Tübingen, Germany, Dept. of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
    • Rami Malek- Actor
    • Arash Markazi - journalist, writer for Sports Illustrated
    • Rich Marotta - KFI sports reporter and award-winning boxing commentator
    • Jerry Mathers - Beaver in Leave It to Beaver
    • Jack McDowell - major league baseball player, 1993 Cy Young Award winner
    • Stephen McEveety - Hollywood producer
    • Katharine McPhee - Singer and American Idol season 5 runner-up
    • Nigel Miguel - U.C.L.A. Basketball/Actor
    • Michael Minkler - Oscar Winning Soundman
    • Michael Mullen - Class of 1964, a four-star admiral in the United States Navy and the current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
    • Dave Navarro - guitarist Jane's Addiction
    • Devon Odessa - Class of 1992, actress
    • Stephen Perkins - Drummer for Jane's Addiction
    • Jorge Piedra - (Class of 1997), major league baseball player
    • Brendan Ryan - infielder for the St. Louis Cardinals (baseball)
    • Steve Sailer – paleoconservative pundit and film critic for The American Conservative[2]
    • Bill Seward - NBC-TV sports anchor, CBS radio sportscaster and Dodgers postgame show host
    • Lindsey Shaw - actress on Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide
    • Dave Sitton - UA Rugby Head Coach. Fox Sports Commentator for UA Football and Basketball. 2005 Tucson Man of the Year
    • Frank M. Sontag - disc-jockey, news director, sportscaster,
    • Michael Stanton - Professional baseball player for the Florida Marlins. One of the top rookies in the Major Leagues in 2010.
    • Tad Stones - American animator, screenwriter, producer and director best known for his work for The Walt Disney Company
    • Mary Strong - Sports Broadcaster Fox Sports Net
    • Barry Stubblefield - (Class of 1975) Owner Mount Waterman facility (d. 2005)
    • Paul Sunderland - Sports Broadcaster; 1984 United States Olympic volleyball team that won the gold medal
    • Michelle Trachtenberg - American actress
    • Guy Tobin – (Class of 1973) – Homebuilder (d.2008) is listed in the national 'Who's Who of Homebuilding,' as spearheading the revitalization of the 35,000+ acre, planned community at Rio Rico, Arizona. The Anza Trail Coalition of Arizona honored his many efforts by dedicating the Rio Rico Trailhead to Guy Tobin.
    • John Vella - former USC and Oakland Raiders offensive lineman
    • Robert Edward Williams - (Class of 1960) - mathematician, architect, and designer. He is known for books on geometry for scientists and designers (The Geometry of Natural Structure), the development of theoretical principles of Catenatic Geometry (The Kiss Catenatic: The Introduction of Catenatic Geometry and its Environs), and the invention of the Ars-Vivant Wild-life Protector System for repopulating the Western Mojave Desert in California with desert tortoises
    • Dennis Zine - Los Angeles City Councilman. Zine represents the city's 3rd District (Woodland Hills, Tarzana, Reseda, West Hills, Winnetka and Canoga Park).

Quote Originally Posted by jordanhigh69 View Post
    Notre Dame H.S, Sherman Oaks, Ca. I went to school with "Wild Thing" Jack McDowell. His Bro was my Algebra Teacher.
    More importantly: Notre Dame High was where all of the exterior shots from
    "The White Shadow" were filmed. South Central...Sherman Oaks...same difference .

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Wow. Kings Park huh. Do you still live there? I am in Smithtown.
    Yea living in San remo and work for smithtown highway so I've definitely picked up your brush or leaves at one time or another lol

Adding to the trend of Long Islanders.

Half Hollow Hills HS West (Dix Hills, NY)
    - Melvin Fowler (NFL - last seen with the Detroit Lions)
    - Stephen Bowen (NFL - Cowboys)

You can probably add Tobias Harris (basketball - currently at the University of Tennessee) to that list soon.

New Albany High School New Albany Indiana

BASEBALL
    Steve Stemle----Played with Cardinals at some point in his short career
    Daniel Burton---- Currrently with Evansville Otters Ind. League
    Billy Herman----- Hofer
    Jacob Julius----- Class-A Frederick Keys/Baltimore Orioles (I keep in contact with him)

GOLF
    Fuzzy Zoeller---PGA Masters Champion 1979

WRESTLING
    Rob Conway----WWE

SWIMMING
    Camille Wright----Won Olympic Silver Medal in 1979

Other Notables
    Sherman Minton----US Senator
    Edwin Hubble----Astronomer,Former Basketball coach for my school Science and History Teacher and also whom the Hubble Space Telescope was named after.

Also to add my High School was first public High School in the state of Indiana it opened in 1853. It served as a Hospital during the civil war. Also has the first radio station in operation by a high scholl in the US it was granted FCC license in 1949. It has a rich history and i am proud to be alumni.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsislife View Post
    Yea living in San remo and work for smithtown highway so I've definitely picked up your brush or leaves at one time or another lol
    Lol. Yeah I have alot of compliants about that service. Just kidding. You guys do a great job. Great to see that there are fellow Suffolk County people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey68 View Post
    Hi Dewey, that's a pretty impressive list. I went to a very small high school in rural Mississippi, Taylorsville High. The whole list is as follows:

Tim Moffett - WR Raiders
    Jason Campbell - QB Redskins
    Tim Duckworth - OT Saints
    One more from Taylorsville:
    Billy Hamilton - Pensacola Blue Wahoos

Banned

Matthew Grevers just took home two gold for The USA and Lake Forest, IL High School -

Name:  Matthew Grevers.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  34.1 KB