Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Banned

Re: Steroids, Collectors Blacklist

mph thats not true when i get into my 40's i plan to be a sexy beast lol lol

MPH brings up a good point; there are some things that simply are or are not a physical possibility. Is the idea of someone looking like a bodybuilder into their 30s, 40s, or beyond (like Charles Atlas) impossible? Not at all. But the makeup of the human body at age 25 is usually what it will remain until death. Certainly there will be changes in many ways, but the idea of going from someone built like a greyhound or a creampuff to someone who would make Arnold in his prime look svelte is insane.

Basically, the makeup of the body is determined by the various hormones present in the body. They obviously vary from person to person and from male to female, but once they stop being produced in large amounts then the growth benefit stops. This is why men stop growing taller once they hit age 18-21; the amount of growth hormone virtually ceases and testosterone slows dramatically. It's also why women are unable to achieve a naturally "ripped" look; they lack the testosterone amount necessary to have that sort of body makeup (yes, there are certain females who have a testosterone imbalance; interestingly enough, they also are the only females to consistently excel at math and science).

As anyone over age 30 who's tried to diet and get into good shape can tell you, developing muscular definition where there wasn't any before isn't just tough, it's practically impossible. The most effective way to be able to undergo a radical body alteration after age 25-30 is through hormone replacement; since there needs to be one heck of a good reason to do such a thing, most guys who are looking for that kind of physical makeup will do it under the table at the point of a needle. Although men can get bigger as they age, the idea of growing hat sizes is absolutely ludicrous without there being either a serious medical condition or else some shady dealings. This isn't like a 16-year-old kid getting ready for football and packing on 40 pounds of muscle; at that age and with the right diet and workout routine, 40 pounds is nothing.

I've been around gyms for a long time, and will continue for a long while as well. I've seen firsthand the bizarre and unpredictable effects of steroids, HGH, and other performance-enhancers on the human body. It's not the sort of thing that will easily be forgotten, and it's also allowed me to form my own suspicions as to who in MLB uses and who doesn't. Frankly, if MLB was looking to "clean up the game", there's quite a few high-level players who would never be heard from again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan
    MPH brings up a good point; there are some things that simply are or are not a physical possibility. Is the idea of someone looking like a bodybuilder into their 30s, 40s, or beyond (like Charles Atlas) impossible? Not at all. But the makeup of the human body at age 25 is usually what it will remain until death. Certainly there will be changes in many ways, but the idea of going from someone built like a greyhound or a creampuff to someone who would make Arnold in his prime look svelte is insane.

Basically, the makeup of the body is determined by the various hormones present in the body. They obviously vary from person to person and from male to female, but once they stop being produced in large amounts then the growth benefit stops. This is why men stop growing taller once they hit age 18-21; the amount of growth hormone virtually ceases and testosterone slows dramatically. It's also why women are unable to achieve a naturally "ripped" look; they lack the testosterone amount necessary to have that sort of body makeup (yes, there are certain females who have a testosterone imbalance; interestingly enough, they also are the only females to consistently excel at math and science).

As anyone over age 30 who's tried to diet and get into good shape can tell you, developing muscular definition where there wasn't any before isn't just tough, it's practically impossible. The most effective way to be able to undergo a radical body alteration after age 25-30 is through hormone replacement; since there needs to be one heck of a good reason to do such a thing, most guys who are looking for that kind of physical makeup will do it under the table at the point of a needle. Although men can get bigger as they age, the idea of growing hat sizes is absolutely ludicrous without there being either a serious medical condition or else some shady dealings. This isn't like a 16-year-old kid getting ready for football and packing on 40 pounds of muscle; at that age and with the right diet and workout routine, 40 pounds is nothing.

I've been around gyms for a long time, and will continue for a long while as well. I've seen firsthand the bizarre and unpredictable effects of steroids, HGH, and other performance-enhancers on the human body. It's not the sort of thing that will easily be forgotten, and it's also allowed me to form my own suspicions as to who in MLB uses and who doesn't. Frankly, if MLB was looking to "clean up the game", there's quite a few high-level players who would never be heard from again.
    I've tried that hormone thing and all I have to show for it are these unsightly breasts, a hairy back and an unquenchable thirst for the ballet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan

WOW!!!! Nathan I totally disagree with you on this one do you go to "Average Joe's gym" ( refrence Dodgeball - movie ) the reason i am asking is that is totally absurd. I know plenty of people well into there 30's who started woking out in there 30's and have changed there bodies dramataically from being fat and flabby to lean muscle with out steroids. Stop looking at the women in the gym and you will see if you work out too you can do it lol lol

Not much you can do about the stats. Let Barry do whatever he does. In the end you let the abusers remain out of the HALL - Denied.

Yankwood,

It's okay, there was one guy I referred to as "Mankind". You want to talk about the poster boy for irregular hair patches....there was a thick one that looked like a steel wool pad on the middle 1/3 of his left trapezius, a really strange one coming almost directly out from the external oblique area of the right side, and one the size of a half-dollar on the left side of his belly button. It was like a train wreck....he always worked out with no shirt on, and it was impossible to avert your gaze.

Suave,

No, the one I have in mind is one that's frequented by both world-known powerlifters and DEA agents. These are the hardcore lifters and the sort of crazy mofos who hang around them, practically begging for a chance to mop their sweat off an Olympic bar.

But what you suggest I do would actually have the opposite effect of your assumption. Checking out women in gyms and focusing on that will cause various hormonal reactions, including the increased release of testosterone. I mean, if you're suggesting that I go to a total sausagefest to get that same hormonal reaction.....

Besides, I'm not talking about turning a generally doughy body into someone who has the appearance of being in great shape; I'm talking about going from the Pillsbury Doughboy to Magnus ver Magnusson at age 35 (or older).

Banned

Nathan lol lol Hey I take offense to that so your saying bcuz i look like a Greek God I have been taking steiroids / im just kidding about the Greek God part - i just threw that in for effect lol lol