Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Steroids, Collectors Blacklist

Who is on YOUR blacklist of uncollectible steroid players? Wouldn't touch 'em with a 10 foot pole...

Mine:

Sosa (corked bat to boot, he's a completely worthless common)
    McGwire
    Canseco
    Pudge
    Bonds
    Palimeiro
    Scheffield
    Bagwell
    Giambi

Banned

Re: Steroids, Collectors Blacklist

Byergo I noticed on your list is Sheffield I disagree with you on that and I dont know any of the history on pudge taking roids.

As far as I know with Sheff, he has only been accused by his cousin Bonds and that was becuz the 2 of them got into a heated argument a few years ago and Sheff wont speak to him anymore so Bonds retaliated by putting Sheffs name into it.

As far as media portraying Sheff to be not one of the nicest guys, i dont think that puts him in a category of a roid user.

Banned

My list:

The Governor Arnold
    The Champion Hogan
    The Chairman McMahon (See his picture on Muscle & Fitness Magazine?)
    The Father, Son and Ghost
    Santa Clause
    The Easter Bunny
    That Groundhog
    Rosanne

That is my list, who makes you guys judge and jury to list these guys without definite proof?

Did Barry Bonds abuse some substance? Maybe, but he hasn't been convicted of it yet. Did OJ do it? A jury of our peers in criminial court said "not guilty".

Oh yeah, we are better than them, we can look, call them guilty and then hang them in the center of town as if we were in medieval times.

My understanding is that Sheffield admitted to the grand jury of "unknowingly" using steroids.

SHeff has to be on the list, the thing about him is that he wasn't that collectible before. His Yankee items carry premium because Yankee collectors will pay for it, check out his items from other teams, very cheap.

Banned

Ok i wasnt aware that he 50/50 admitted to unknowingly he took roids. As far as the value of his items, then and now., but that goes for any player who joins the Yankees. Any player who joins the Yankees there items go up to premium values.

Just to say you were a yankee once makes you an official baseball player, go to california tell some girl you a bat boy from the New York Yankees and chances are your getting some that night lol lol lol

All in all Sheffs stats have done better with the Yankees if memory serves me correct in 04 he had something like 123 rbi's 36 home runs - hes putting up some of the best numbers of his career.

We're not convicting these guys, we're just not collecting their memorabilia because it is obviuos that they cheated and their accomplishments can't be taken seriously. I have already sold Bonds and Giambi items from my collection, and I would never buy anything of the guys on byergo's list. I do have a Sheff bat (had it before all this steroid hype) that I'll probably keep. I like Sheff, and his alleged steroid use isnt as obvious as say Bonds and Giambi. I do like Giambi too (glad to see he has recovered from his steroid withdrawals), but I wont buy anthing of his again. I cant think of anyone to add to that list right now.

Banned

Bagwell is on your list, you gotta be kidding me. Well if anyone has any Bagwell items they want to unload cause he made this list, I will more than happy to take them off your hands.

-AJ

sheff also admitted "not knowingly" taking steroids in an article in SI a year or two ago. It was an article about he and Bonds' friendship(or lack of)

Banned

Being associated with sports dentistry for the last 10 years, I met a dentist at the National Sports Dentistry Show three years ago who liven in Puerto Rico. He has worked on many of the local baseball stars, including Pudge. He told me that Pudge is one of the greatest abusers of steroids, and he expects him to have some serious, serious health issues over the next few years.

FYI

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Since Todd Helton was somehow accused last year, can I have any of his stuff at a substantial discount?

In all seriousness, no one's convicting anyone here. It's a legitimate question and a legitimate response. I know plenty of people who refuse to collect certain players due to how they are in dealing with fans, among other reasons.