Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Game Used Michael Jordan Rookie Jersey

Hello Joel-
    No, I'm not planning on bidding on this particular jersey. I just remember seeing a rookie Jordan a few years ago, and don't recall ever seeing this type of tagging.

When it comes to Jordan, my collecting focus is on his 1994 baseball equipment. I currently own his 1994 White Sox pre-game, pants, hat, batting gloves/wristbands, and 3 game used bats. I'm still seeking a pair of his spikes from either the Sox or the Barons. Joel, do you know where a pair might be offered for sale? I've attached 2 photos of my Sox warm-up.

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Name:  Dscf1114.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  Dscf1115.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  50.9 KB

I think the GFC Jordan has a tail tag, also. The size in the collar, the tail tag just says "Rawlings". I have always assumed this is the way a correct Jordan Rookie is tagged. I believe the Bulls wore Rawlings in Jordan's second year, also. I have never known of a pro-quality replica made by Rawlings, from that era. I do not know Rawlings' salesman's sample history, either.

Banned

Howard, I do not recall having game used spikes, but I did have about 10 pair of the 45 made of the Upper Deck Authenticated baseball cleats in giant display. They were pretty cool, often sold for around $7000.00 a pair. If any surface, I bet they won't realize more than $2000.00 these days.

Also, The GFC Jordan and the AMI Woolridge are described as having "screened" lettering and numbers. In fact, they are heat-pressed. Heat-pressed are vinyl "iron-on" and screened are "painted" or "stenciled".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    Also, The GFC Jordan and the AMI Woolridge are described as having "screened" lettering and numbers. In fact, they are heat-pressed. Heat-pressed are vinyl "iron-on" and screened are "painted" or "stenciled".
    Can you elaborate on that? It confuses me.

Jordan's rookie uni (and shoes) were sweeet!

Hi all - not sure if this will be of interest, but I purchased the jersey in question and had it graded by MEARS. They graded it an A8 with the only issue being the tail tag which was missing, most likely due to it being washed out over time. The collar tag checked out, the jersey matched photos, exhibited the correct NOB drop and was the correct length.

I never saw the jersey at auction. Would you post a few pics?

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Hello Joel-
    No, I'm not planning on bidding on this particular jersey. I just remember seeing a rookie Jordan a few years ago, and don't recall ever seeing this type of tagging.

When it comes to Jordan, my collecting focus is on his 1994 baseball equipment. I currently own his 1994 White Sox pre-game, pants, hat, batting gloves/wristbands, and 3 game used bats. I'm still seeking a pair of his spikes from either the Sox or the Barons. Joel, do you know where a pair might be offered for sale? I've attached 2 photos of my Sox warm-up.

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Attachment 746

Attachment 747
    Howard,

Do you know if only Russell Athletic issued the Jordan warm up jersey in 1994? I found a pic of a Jordan wearing a similar warm up jersey to the one you own, it's not a Russell jersey, could this be an early Majestic tag on the right sleeve? If you look at Jordans cap it has his number 45 written on the underside of the brim.

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Great photo. If I had to guess, this photo is from the one game Jordanplayed in 1994 as a Chicago white sox, the windy City Classic against the cross-town Cubs. Notice who is interviewing him-Harry Carey!

I have photos of Jordan and the White Sox wearing both Majestic and Russell pre-games in 1994. It's funny because when I purchased my 1994 Jordan pre-game and matching road pants (Russell brand), a well known auction house said there was no way it was real, as Jordan only wore Wilson brand baseball equipment and signed an exclusive agreement with Wilson. When I produced several photos of him wearing both Russell and Majestic jerseys/pants, that put an end to that rumor!

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net