Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orioles03
    • Dec 2005

Re: UPS strikes again w/ missing game used item

my brother use to work at ups and when i was with the o's javy lopez got traded to the red sox so we had to package up all his bats and ship them to boston long story short they went to the ups he worked at and the way they treat packages all the bats about 100 total went all over the floor he said people were playing with the bats in the warehouse i dont know if all the bats made it but you never know.
    orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• jetersbatboy
      • Jun 2008

Re: UPS strikes again w/ missing game used item

Thanks Mike,
      It made me a little worried, I thought I read somewhere you shipped UPS.

Comment

• allstarsplus
        • Nov 2005

UPS strikes again!!!!

What can Brown do for you? R

I was thrilled to receive 2 packages today from UPS. These pictures should say it all!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2432.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	647942

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2433.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	647943
        Regards,
        Andrew Lang
        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
        202-716-8500

Comment

• dcgreg25
          • Jan 2008

Re: UPS strikes again!!!!

Ouch! That sucks. Hopefully nothing was missing from the boxes but obviously the contents were damaged. What was inside?

Comment

• grenda12
            • Oct 2008

Ouch! Couldnt tell ya how many times Ive gone thru that.

Comment

• AWA85
              • Jan 2008

Wow.... just never ends. If you don't mind sharing was anything missing?
              Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• halofan

Ouch, I'm expecting (2) steiner bat display cases tomorrow from UPS, I can only pray that its not damaged. Sorry about your boxes and your items if there damaged

Comment

• allstarsplus
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by AWA85
                  Wow.... just never ends. If you don't mind sharing was anything missing?
                  I got lucky this time as I have been victimized before. The box had game used Yankee caps and nothing was missing and the only damage was crumbled COAs.

My guess is someone checked the contents and decided to move onward!
                  Regards,
                  Andrew Lang
                  AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                  202-716-8500

Comment

• cigarman44
                    • Aug 2007

My PS3 is coming in the mail tomorrow UPS. It will probably be replaced with a 1985 Nintendo!

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                      • Oct 2005

I use a UPS store for my business as a mailing address. A few weeks ago, I was standing there when the Fed Ex guy walks in with a padded envelope torn to shreds. I watched him and thought "damn that person is going to be pissed when they see their package".

The Fed Ex guy tells the store clerk " got a package here for Jim Reynolds". ME!!!! Damn, its my package. I looked and it was some blank fingerprint cards that I requested from the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification. I walked up to the Fed Ex guy and said "man, Reynolds is going to be pissed when he sees that package". The Fed Ex guy says "well, that's the way I found it on my truck". I then told him who I was and that if any of the fingerprint cards were missing, an investigator from Utah BCI would be looking to speak with him, haha....I think he understood my disappointment in his company's handling of my package.

Comment

• quaz95
                        • Aug 2008

man im expecting some Victoria's secret gifts for my wife, i hope they dont get damaged. o yeah i worked for fedex ground for 6 years, i saw boxes and delivered boxes just like that. I never stole anything, like some people do. As a contractor for fedex you would have to pay for "missing" or "lost" packages. That sucks.

john

Comment

• trsent
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by quaz95
                          man im expecting some Victoria's secret gifts for my wife, i hope they dont get damaged. o yeah i worked for fedex ground for 6 years, i saw boxes and delivered boxes just like that. I never stole anything, like some people do. As a contractor for fedex you would have to pay for "missing" or "lost" packages. That sucks.

john
                          I don't know if UPS does what FedEx does, but I know FedEx hires contractors to deliver packages. My friend did this in Las Vegas. I have no clue how FedEx makes money with 3rd parties delivering packages and often paying them more than the package costs to ship.

I guess what you are saying is that the FedEx contractors have to pay for missing or lost packages, so that is good for the customers security.

Comment

• markize
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by trsent
                            I guess what you are saying is that the FedEx contractors have to pay for missing or lost packages, so that is good for the customers security.
                            joel,

it's good in that you may get your money back, but you cant get the item you really wanted, or might have been one of a kind.

mark

Comment

• trsent
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by markize
                              joel,

it's good in that you may get your money back, but you cant get the item you really wanted, or might have been one of a kind.

mark
                              Sure, that happens, and it is unfortunate, but that is why we pay insurance and these shipping companies sometimes care enough to hire honest people and fire dishonest people.

Comment

• rjdgonebats
                                • Sep 2005

Ups Strikes Again

A bat I had ordered from a company in Northbrook,IL shipped the bat out to me. It was scheduled for delivery today. When I tracked it on line. They had noted, delivery exception merchandise was missing from the box.I now have to go to all the trouble of waiting for a claim to be filed by the sender and then being reimbursed.This has got to stop. and I hope any dealers out there reading this stop sending items via UPS. They just cant be trusted and it would seem that they have thieves instead of employees at some of their facilities.

Comment

Working...