Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: UPS problem..

..As the self-appointed official FedEx courier of the Game Used Forums,I encourage all you guys to use FedEx Express !

..In all seriousness though,while we are a little more expensive,I think we're a little more reliable when it comes to seeing just where that package is at anypoint from pickup to delivery.A cheaper option for you guys might be FedEx Ground-same scans,but ground tends to run cheaper as they are day specific (say,delivery by Friday) where Express is time specific depending on the service you choose.

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Bird,
    UPS did the same think to me a month or two ago. I had a package that was only three hours from me and next time i checked the tracking number it was also in Vegas.

the jerseys made it. however driver did not ring the bell and package was just left inside the door.

Banned

Amazing isn't it? Eric was suppose to get it Tuesday and gets it Friday. Cost me 95.00 for 5 day service and they don't even have him sign or anything. I'm done forever with UPS. I'm just glad they weren't lost forever. Thanks guys.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    is fedex a secret no one knows about? seems like everyone uses UPS and or USPS, but not fedex. as soon as they pickup or you drop off, package is scanned. i have been shipping with them for almost 10 years and never had a problem. they are cheaper and more reliable, well, at least they have been for me.

They are all going to have their problems from time to time. Ive used FedEx for 6 packages when I couldnt get to the post office and 2 of them have been lost. After months of claims on both of them I hav yet to get a refund for the insured amount.

I have used USPS with DC over 1000 times and not one package has been lost.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Momen, Fed Ex is not a secrect.

But i'll tell you something I don't know what rates they charge from where you live but they have been the most expensive to ship items from where I live.

I live in New York and from time to time have compared prices and Fed Ex has been ridiculous.

I never really tried DHL but now that doesn't even matter since there gone.

But for example if I was shipping a pair of Sneakers.
    USPS would charge $5 to $10
    UPS would charge about $15
    Fed Ex would charge $20

Personally I have always found USPS to be the most reliable

But I had a very similar situation with USPS about 6 months ago shipping an item to a forum member.

I sent out the item through usps with delivery/tracking info & Priotrity (2-3 day) shipping put on it.
    A couple of days went by and I checked the the tracking and there was no information listed. I was bugging out because I knew I shipped the item and shipped it with tracking - So where is the item???
    another couple of days went by and the buyer contacted me and said they still haven't received the item. I felt terrible for the buyer because I did send him the item and I didn't want him to think wrong of me especially since I am providing him with a tracking number that is not even registering after a week it had been shipped out.

I went back to the post office and they were baffled!!
    Because they charged me for everything including tracking and priority and yet they have no registered tracking info for it. But I had the reciept to prove it.
    What happend was they charged me for it but the teller forgot to scan the item and she sent it out with nothing to trace it.
    I went into an outrage in the usps (YES I WENT POSTAL!!! ) Because if anything to the buyer I am the one who looks bad. The manager told me to give it another 7 days and then we will have to see what we will do from there.
    I explained to the buyer the situation and asked him for 7 days, he said no problem. As each day went by we talked and still no package. At this point im prepared to give a refund and take the loss.
    What do you know on the 7th day the package showed up at his house.

And he can see from the date stamped on the box when I shipped it out. So he was fine with it.

I hate to say but sometimes it is a waiting game!!

They are by far the most expensive. A bat from here to Cali from USPS is about 11.00 and with fedex it's 22.00.

We'll I can tell you this from a buyers persepective... I will never allow a seller to send something to me via fedex as fedex will NEVER deliver something to a residence while the person is actually home. Fedex has always attempted deliveries to my address during the week and between the hours of 12:00 - 2:00 in the middle of the freakin afternoon. I have even called them prior to each delivery attempt to let them know that I will not be home and to try and deliver at a later time, but they have simply never ever listened. I found their customer service to be arrogant and have even had one of their reps laugh at me when I suggested that they should make their delivery attempts while people were actually home. UPS on the other hand, may have issues, but they have always delivered to my home after my work hours without me even having to ask. I'm tracking a package from Hunt right now that is going UPS and I know they will show up around 7:00 this evening...