Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

UPS strikes again w/ missing game used item

Just had my first item come up missing during the shipping process. UPS apparently has a collector/thief of game used items who works either in the Bay Area or Secaucas, NJ where the shipping originated from.

The item in question was a game used Kevin Maas N.Y. Yankees bat that I bought from AJ Sports Collectibles. The empty shipping container was delivered with the plastic cap missing on one end and that end then re-taped. The Steiner letter was still inside the tube.

If anyone sees a Maas Yankees bat for sale anywhere please let me know so I can see if it is the missing one in question. Hopefully the refund process is not to much of a hassle.

Hope everyone has better luck this week with their items being delivered.

Re: UPS strikes again w/ missing game used item

Dewey
    Sorry to hear your bad luck. Your story seems to be a trend. I thought I would post my favorite photoshop creation as comic relief.

Warren, thanks for the comedy relief! That is a great photoshop pic.

Their not to blame but I don't think it helps that these sports collectibles dealers put their store name on the address label. Just encourages five-finger discounters to want to open packages.

Banned

I once had a limited edition Upper Deck Authenticated Michael Jordan Card #1 of 250 Autographed Card lost by UPS after it sold at a private auction (well before the days of eBay). The package was lost, and after an argument with UPS explaining that there is no replacement price for this one of a kind card that sold for around $1500.00 (back when MJ was hot) so the paid the full claim.

Then, about three months later, on SportsNet (aka CoinNet) I saw my card for sale. I called UPS to tell them I found the lost-stolen card. They were so interested, they didn't even call me to follow up. I guess once the pay a claim they don't care if the unique, stolen-lost item is found.

I just won a couple of bat from this GUU auction...Doesn't GUU ship UPS ground?

Banned

Joel,

Sorry to hear your misfortune! Did you end up getting the card back when you saw it for re-sale?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    Joel,

Sorry to hear your misfortune! Did you end up getting the card back when you saw it for re-sale?
    Nah, I thought about buying it, but I had already sold it at private auction for a record price and didn't wish to get into it again. Want to hear amazing? I also had card #23/250 that sold in the same auction for $5000.00!

Something needs to be done about this at UPS. I submitted a Derek Jeter bat for authentication. While my wife and I were at home, I heard a noise at the front door. As I approached the door, I saw the UPS guy running away towards his truck. I opened the door, picked up the package, and immediately noticed two things. One end of the package was open and the box was empty. I yelled at the UPS guy and told him the item was missing. I also made him aware that there is no way he could handle that box and not realize the box was empty.

I made him stay there while I called UPS. I then immediately went down to UPS. While waiting in an office for more than 45 minutes, the bat showed up. They said they found it in a mail bin. What! Are you serious?

Well, I got lucky. Catching him at the door is what made UPS worry.

This is common with UPS. They know what is in those tubes and they have many thieves working for UPS.

Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    I just won a couple of bat from this GUU auction...Doesn't GUU ship UPS ground?
    All items from the GUU auction are shipped by FedEx with an adult signature required upon delivery. Bats are shipped from San Diego, CA.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

I totally agree, I dont understand why they dont add a weigh0-in check station at every point. If the weight is signifigantly off, then the package should be inspected.. at least this would show where they had a thief.

It is just a matter of time before buisnessess have to have fake addresses for shipping. I cant believe anything from any jewelry store makes it to delievery.