Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Ebay's New Policy of Showing No One Who Bid

Ok, I bid on things most don't which we all know, so Ebay's new policy of showing me noone who bids or wins for that matter scares me that anyone can shill bid with another account or have a friend do it from their account. When it happened in the past, I could report it to Ebay. Now, I have no clue. So, I sent an email to a seller asking what it would cost to end an auction now on a card he just listed. His response was "Just put a max bid on". I did, and coincidently, let the bidding begin. Several small bids have been placed since. Maybe I am crazy, but I'd like to know. This is not fair. I've put up with all their other changes, but this one is deceiving. I had never used anything except Ebay in the past before a couple months ago when I had to buy a jersey on AMI. I was glad after that that, because no one is identified and a monkey could make an account with them. Anyway, Ebay switched about a year ago to scrambled names on all bids except the winners, but you could still click on everyone's feedback and see what they have bought in the past, to validate their interest in this player. Now, I can't even see feedback AND not even the winner is identified. I am frustrated!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Banned

Re: Ebay's New Policy of Showing No One Who Bid

The new changes are ridiculous. They absolutely open a door to easy shill bidding.

Banned

Can't you still see the percentage of bids each bidder has with the same seller? If so, at least you can see when a bidder has say, bid on 30 items in the last 30 days, with 25 of the bids from the same seller.

This will help determine shill bidding, I would assume. Then you could report it to eBay.

I'm sure they did that because of all the phony second chance offers and fake invoices that were being sent out. Could be wrong, but that is my guess.

Whether you can see the bidders or not, never place your max bid until the very end.

Don't give the nibblers any time.

Check out this auction. I would guess there was a little shill bidding taking place.
    http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=300271118332

Yeah - just a little shill bidding there. If I was the winning bidder after the high bidder retracted, I would complain - not buy the item - and immediately snitch to eBay. As I am finding out, eBay ALMOST ALWAYS takes the side of the buyer nowadays.

That is just ridiculous.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hate it as I like to make offers to people to won an item I would like down the road.

However, what I do if I want something badly is check the sellers' feed back a week or 2 later and then you can see who bid and contact them....

Jake, I never thought about that feedback idea. I appreciate it because there is a bat I am trying to track down, so there is still hope!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.