Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WARNING: FatboySR@aol.com

Just want to warn everyone

There is a "seller" out there who is soliciting collectors. I do not know where he is getting our contact info, but I am assuming it is off of this site since another collector on here has been contacted by him as well.

He gives different names (for example, he told me his name is David, and told Skubebats his name is Ronnie), and offers bats of the players you collect...but then never really has them and starts random arguments with you (very strange).

He told Jamie that he was a batboy in the 80's. I have no way of knowing if this is true (it certainly could be...I know there were batboys in the 80's).

Anyway...I just wanted to let folks know in case anyone else is being solicited as well.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Banned

Re: WARNING: FatboySR@aol.com

Scott,
    He claims he was a batboy for the Brewers in 1982. I just don't get why he tells you one name then tellls me a different name. Every time I post bats on here for sale he emails me and harrases me about my prices, also saying I'm hurting this hobby by my prices I have on my bats. I know he has contacted and herrased other member on here. I would stay away from this jerk if I was you nothing but problems!!

I too have been bothered by this guy. He is a tool and a loser and i blocked his email so i dont have to hear from him anymore. I have no idea who this guy is.
    Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

can 1 of you guys forward me an email from this guy? i'm looking for common ref's in his story from when he was a batboy. my guy say's brewers,but another friend of mine from florida was ripped on something and this guy claimed to be a bat boy from the cubs (same time frame) he sent pics of himself to me sitting with robin yount of the brewers in a batboy uniform. he sound's like the same guy who ripped me in the past, but refuses to answear email's from me. if it's the same guy? i'll tell you who he is. mcfresonke@hotmail.com

I too have been contacted by him in the last week - offering to sell me two Reggie Jackson game used bats - his e-mails were short and curt, which was the first warning. He offered the bats for sale, but wouldn't give me a price. He finally told me his name and bascially lied that "Jim had said good things about me"............never told me who Jim was. I finally told him that I would not negotiate against myself for the bats by offering a price - that I would pass, but he was welcome to tell me what he wanted for the one particular bat I was intereasted in. He finally told me he is "fatboysr" on ebay, which I don't know if it's true or not - he said he would sell the 70's Reggie ( nice one ) for $800 - all of it just didn't add up - I e-mailed him and passed and haven't heard boo since..........these soliciting e-mails seem to be a pattern these days..........

Banned

For some reaseon FatboySr tells the same B.S. stories about being a batboy like another real clown MANIC71. If their not the same person they must know each other. Both guys send you junk emails and do nothing but complain about you and your stuff. Stay away from both of these guys!!

I received a few emails from someone who had a BJ Upton Easton bat with BJ written in blue ball-point pen on the center brand and #35 on the ends. His emails were short and did not make much sense.

He asked if I was interested in the bat and then in a later email asked what I had to trade.

When I said I was not interested he became defensive and emailed me back to say he spoke with Tim Byington. He says Tim said the bat is fine....

Tim if you read this? Can you please verify?

One other thing I thought was weird after I listed a few bats I had duplicates, he said the Upton bat was the only bat he had.....

Also, he said he never had a bat he did not want to trade..that it was part of the fun for him.....

Also in his emails he typed words like this, example: can't = ca*&%'t ......

Every so many words he would do that...... Maybe he was trying to put through a virus... So I did a complete scan afterwards........

I deleted his emails.... I will search my address book for his email address....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

I have received an email from this address from someone called Lisa. The email asked me of a list of other game used items I may have for sale. I responded and have not heard back from Lisa or David or Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    Scott,
    He claims he was a batboy for the Brewers in 1982. I just don't get why he tells you one name then tellls me a different name. Every time I post bats on here for sale he emails me and harrases me about my prices, also saying I'm hurting this hobby by my prices I have on my bats. I know he has contacted and herrased other member on here. I would stay away from this jerk if I was you nothing but problems!!
    Hmm...this is getting interesting. The email I got was from the following address - brewcrew82_1@juno.com. I was called last year by a manica71 from the Midwest who offered me Bagwell stuff. We chatted for a while on the phone, and he seemed nice, until I examined his items and outed him in a Biggio bat thread. Are these the same people? Both the account tied to brewcrew82_1 on eBay and and manica71 are from Wisconsin. Maybe the harassment extends to other members. It's just getting creepy. Anybody else have recent problems?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Bump,bump,bump.