Steroids: Torii Hunter Calls Out Nolan Ryan?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yankwood
    • Nov 2005

Re: Steroids: Torii Hunter Calls Out Nolan Ryan?

Originally posted by trsent
    Where was this first comments about Mark McGwire posted? I don't see it in this thread.
    The entire article was printed in USA today on 3/29. It's pretty easy to look up.

Comment

• trsent
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Yankwood
      The entire article was printed in USA today on 3/29. It's pretty easy to look up.
      You have been a complete jerk in this discussion.

I read Eric's quote and that was all. You then tell me I should have looked up the original article to understand your comments?

I read what was on the forum, and you comment on the article and then make fun of what part of my brain I use because you used your.

You have made a complete ass of yourself in this discussion, then telling me that I should have looked up the original article - Get a life. Really, I like it, every time you are backed into a corner you make a bigger jerk of yourself.

Chris, tell me to calm down, tell this jerk to grow up. He makes a comment about this being a race issue, and then tells me I should have read the entire article? Eric posted a quote and that was all I was EVER commenting on.

What a jerk. Just say something like, "Hey, I was out of line because I figured everyone read the entire article and not just Eric's single line quote." But no, it has to be a put down every time.

Yankwood, back up and make amends or I guess you really are out of line. I never thought to read the original article - SORRY YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH HOW I USE MY BRAIN. I never really had issues with you before this matter today, but you have been way off base because no one else saw the original comments posted in this thread as being racist.

Comment

• Yankwood
        • Nov 2005

You have been a complete jerk in this discussion.

I read Eric's quote and that was all. You then tell me I should have looked up the original article to understand your comments?

I read what was on the forum, and you comment on the article and then make fun of what part of my brain I use because you used your.

You have made a complete ass of yourself in this discussion, then telling me that I should have looked up the original article - Get a life. Really, I like it, every time you are backed into a corner you make a bigger jerk of yourself.

Chris, tell me to calm down, tell this jerk to grow up. He makes a comment about this being a race issue, and then tells me I should have read the entire article? Eric posted a quote and that was all I was EVER commenting on.

What a jerk. Just say something like, "Hey, I was out of line because I figured everyone read the entire article and not just Eric's single line quote." But no, it has to be a put down every time.

Yankwood, back up and make amends or I guess you really are out of line. I never thought to read the original article - SORRY YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH HOW I USE MY BRAIN. I never really had issues with you before this matter today, but you have been way off base because no one else saw the original comments posted in this thread as being racist.
        Well now, see. You have proved my original point. If you had used your brain you would have looked up the rest of his comments before commenting. You must have had a bad night at the black jack tables. Calm down there, big fella.

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
          Paid Users
          • Jan 1970

Okay guys. I am to ask that we take a step back and relax.

Basically, the situation was that there were differences in opinions regarding the article which allowed us all to learn more about the context in which the comments were made.

There is no need to confront each other or make any derogatory comments. Let's please end any personal comments at this point, thank each other for what we learned and move on.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
          Chris
          Christopher Cavalier
          Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• trsent
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Yankwood
            Well now, see. You have proved my original point. If you had used your brain you would have looked up the rest of his comments before commenting. You must have had a bad night at the black jack tables. Calm down there, big fella.
            I don't play blackjack, another stupid comment. No, I never had to read the original article - All that was being discussed was the quote Eric made about Hunter and Ryan - No one even posted a link to the article, so we all assume it was just a quote being discussed because you are not using your brain enough to post the rest of the article.

You can't say you were wrong, and anyone reading this thread can see that Jason and I were commenting on the original quote posted by Eric and no where was any other quoted mentioned into you backed yourself into a hole.

I am still waiting for an apology.

(By the way, as of Wednesday I will be living in Chicago, so what will you have to put me down then? The weather?)

Comment

• sylbry
              • Nov 2005

Why on earth is there an argument on a game used memorbilia forum on whether Torii Hunter's comments were racially motivated? WHO CARES! I can understand the argument on whether alleged steriod abusers are on your personal black list when it comes to buying memorabilia but this arugment, pointless.

On a side note - Joel, so far you have told two people today to get a life.
              Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• trsent
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

You should email Eric and ask why he started the thread if you care so much.

I need to get a life...

(New count, 3)

Comment

• Yankwood
                  • Nov 2005

You should email Eric and ask why he started the thread if you care so much.

I need to get a life...

(New count, 3)
                  You have a life. It's called "Fighting with everone on the forum".

Comment

• trsent
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

Take a look at my posts, I may have discussions, but I only fight when people are out of line. Let me know when you have read them all, it should take 3-4 hours.

You can't admit you were wrong. You commented on Eric's comment, the only one most of us ever read, and didn't properly attribute your comment to other parts of the article.

By the way, I read Yahoo! Sports daily, I never read USA Today unless someone emails me a like to a story.

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                      Paid Users
                      • Jan 1970

I will repeat this one more time in case it wasn't seen in my previous post:

There is no need to confront each other or make any derogatory comments. Let's please end any personal comments at this point, thank each other for what we learned and move on.

This forum will not allow threads to denigrate into something personal. This forum should be used to help others in their quest to learn more about the game used memorabilia market.

Please do not make me repeat this again. The next time it will not be done without a reprimand as per the forum rules listed on this site. In case you need to review them, here are the rules:

Sincerely,
                      Chris
                      Christopher Cavalier
                      Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• Yankwood
                        • Nov 2005

Take a look at my posts, I may have discussions, but I only fight when people are out of line. Let me know when you have read them all, it should take 3-4 hours.

You can't admit you were wrong. You commented on Eric's comment, the only one most of us ever read, and didn't properly attribute your comment to other parts of the article.

By the way, I read Yahoo! Sports daily, I never read USA Today unless someone emails me a like to a story.
                        If you'll go back to the beginning, I made a comment based on what Torii Hunter said. A comment I believed at the time to be a racially motivated comment. You then began to argue with me. Not the other way around. If you wanted to argue, you should have been better informed. I then attempted to end the arguing stage by saying I will now stick to discussions about collecting. You then accused me of backing off and "copping out" in your words. Please don't turn this in to my attack. Once again, I will tend to collecting discussions. The blackjack crack was a poor attempt at humor. If you were offended by it, then I apologize.

Comment

• trsent
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2005

I still do not understand, the comments posted on this forum at the start of this debate were the ones that you were commenting on, about Nolan Ryan or Babe Ruth.

I just didn't see how they were racially motivated. Next topic...

I was not offended by the blackjack comment, I just always thought it was a dumb game. Then again, after a few million lost, I learned years and years ago that craps, roulette, paigow poker and baccarat are all dumb games also. Why gamble a game that the house has such an advantage?

Comment

• suave1477
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2006

Trsent you can come over my house anytime and lose all your money to me i dont mind, really i dont lol lol

Comment

• Eric
                              • Jan 1970

Wow

You miss a little around here and you miss a lot. I came back to my computer today to see that this little thread has exploded, along with many tempers.

First, Chris- thanks for trying to keep order here.

Secondly- the point of the thread, since it must be explained is that when players have fallen under the cloud of steroid suspicion, the hobby has seen a direct effect on the value those players' game used items. I was merely pointing out that instead of reporters pointing fingers now, it seems players are calling other players into question. If this continues, will we start to see the values drop on more players than we could have imagined?

I posted Hunter's quote because the state of the game of baseball affects our hobby, and it is becoming more and more vulnerable by the hour it seems.

As far as the fighting- I have to say, whatever point either side here was trying to make was completely overshadowed by the petty barbs.

We should be taking information and interesting opinions from these threads, instead what we got here devolved into immature namecalling.

Go ahead and call each other names if you really must, just please do not do it here.
                              Thank you
                              Eric
                              Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• ryan4fregosi
                                • Nov 2005

1. Nolan Ryan could strike out Torii Hunter TODAY.

2. Davey Johnson somehow belted 43 homers for the 1973 Braves. I demand an investigation, statute of limitations my butt.

3. In other news, *CONTENT REMOVED*

Comment

Working...