Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Steroids: Torii Hunter Calls Out Nolan Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Take a look at my posts, I may have discussions, but I only fight when people are out of line. Let me know when you have read them all, it should take 3-4 hours.

You can't admit you were wrong. You commented on Eric's comment, the only one most of us ever read, and didn't properly attribute your comment to other parts of the article.

By the way, I read Yahoo! Sports daily, I never read USA Today unless someone emails me a like to a story.
    If you'll go back to the beginning, I made a comment based on what Torii Hunter said. A comment I believed at the time to be a racially motivated comment. You then began to argue with me. Not the other way around. If you wanted to argue, you should have been better informed. I then attempted to end the arguing stage by saying I will now stick to discussions about collecting. You then accused me of backing off and "copping out" in your words. Please don't turn this in to my attack. Once again, I will tend to collecting discussions. The blackjack crack was a poor attempt at humor. If you were offended by it, then I apologize.

Banned

I still do not understand, the comments posted on this forum at the start of this debate were the ones that you were commenting on, about Nolan Ryan or Babe Ruth.

I just didn't see how they were racially motivated. Next topic...

I was not offended by the blackjack comment, I just always thought it was a dumb game. Then again, after a few million lost, I learned years and years ago that craps, roulette, paigow poker and baccarat are all dumb games also. Why gamble a game that the house has such an advantage?

Banned

Trsent you can come over my house anytime and lose all your money to me i dont mind, really i dont lol lol

Wow

You miss a little around here and you miss a lot. I came back to my computer today to see that this little thread has exploded, along with many tempers.

First, Chris- thanks for trying to keep order here.

Secondly- the point of the thread, since it must be explained is that when players have fallen under the cloud of steroid suspicion, the hobby has seen a direct effect on the value those players' game used items. I was merely pointing out that instead of reporters pointing fingers now, it seems players are calling other players into question. If this continues, will we start to see the values drop on more players than we could have imagined?

I posted Hunter's quote because the state of the game of baseball affects our hobby, and it is becoming more and more vulnerable by the hour it seems.

As far as the fighting- I have to say, whatever point either side here was trying to make was completely overshadowed by the petty barbs.

We should be taking information and interesting opinions from these threads, instead what we got here devolved into immature namecalling.

Go ahead and call each other names if you really must, just please do not do it here.
    Thank you
    Eric

1. Nolan Ryan could strike out Torii Hunter TODAY.

2. Davey Johnson somehow belted 43 homers for the 1973 Braves. I demand an investigation, statute of limitations my butt.

3. In other news, *CONTENT REMOVED*

Banned

Is anyone aware of any legitimate profession where the employer is aware of its employees selling and/or using illegal substances but does nothing about it?

Football,pro wrestling,college football,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker
    Is anyone aware of any legitimate profession where the employer is aware of its employees selling and/or using illegal substances but does nothing about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4
    Football,pro wrestling,college football,etc.
    Articles I've read lead me to believe that there are and have been PED's widely used in Pro football, but they have had a testing policy in place that has evidently satisfied the on-lookers. Nobody cares about "Pro" wrestling, and you bring up a good point about college football. I don't know anything about drug use and PED's in college football, but we do know that there are plenty of programs that will bend and break all kinds of NCAA rules to get a competitive advantage in recruiting players.

Tori gets my nomination for dumbass of the year award!