Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Grey Flannel Auction - What did you win?

With the Grey Flannel Auction closing last night I was wondering what some of the board members picked up in the auction. I ended up with some nice Indians Jerseys (Ramirez & Omar Vizquel TATC) as well as Cliff Lee Rookie jersey, a Sabathia 2002 jersey as well as a Sabathia GU All Star warm up jersey.

I had my eye on the Manny Ramirez rookie jersey but it went for $4K+ so I dropped out. Anybody else pick up anything good?

Re: Grey Flannel Auction - What did you win?

I won the Brian Leetch game used signed stick. I thought it would go higher than the $360 including the hammer fee originally, but am very happy to get this stick as it is a rookie year stick. Leetch only used this model during his rookie season, and the autograph was his original signature from when he first got to the NHL, which is not as fancy as his signature is now. I was curious if some people did not bid because they did not think he used that model or the autograph was not his. I have been looking for this model stick for years and have never seen another offered. I have only seen one earlier stick, which was used in the 88 Olympics, which I own.

I won the Nomar Garciaparra 2001-2003 GU bat. I was able to style match it to Spring Training 2003. That was the year my son got his first Nomar autograph (at Spring Training), so it was something I really wanted. I really wanted the Mattingly bat. But, it got out of my price range in a hurry. The bat had a ton of use, but $2700...ouch!!! Has anyone gotten an invoiced email yet? I haven't won anything before from Grey Flannel and was wondering how long it takes to hear from them. Thanks.

Mike

I took a run at the 1965 game issued Yogi Berra/game worn Art Lopez Yankees jersey but was ultimately outbid, with the winning bid having come in at 2:18 am, at least as per the e-mail notification I received.

I was surprised that bidding went on for that long on the item as I had gone to bed thinking that I would be the high bidder. Per chance, did anyone on the GUF win that item? Would be interested to know.

I was watching several things, the bidding seemed to not get really aggressive until late in the night. I ended up winning the 1981 Rick Cerone Yankees jersey, very happy with that one.

Abe

Picked up the Hank Aaron bat and Ali signed Kaufman painting. Outbid on a few items...Robinson 76 bat, Pedro and Johnson gloves. The bids were lower than I expected. Just too many nice items on my "want" list in one auction.

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    With the Grey Flannel Auction closing last night I was wondering what some of the board members picked up in the auction. I ended up with some nice Indians Jerseys (Ramirez & Omar Vizquel TATC) as well as Cliff Lee Rookie jersey, a Sabathia 2002 jersey as well as a Sabathia GU All Star warm up jersey.

I had my eye on the Manny Ramirez rookie jersey but it went for $4K+ so I dropped out. Anybody else pick up anything good?
    That Manny TATC jersey was a steal. I paid more for a Twins Steinbach TATC jersey.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Thanks sylbry, Ramirez had a HR in that game to top it off. The TATC style jersey is one of only a few recent Indians styles that I did not have. As you know, it is hard to find them as MLB seems to have burried them because of the negative PR they got.

Quote Originally Posted by hrvatwill View Post
    I took a run at the 1965 game issued Yogi Berra/game worn Art Lopez Yankees jersey but was ultimately outbid, with the winning bid having come in at 2:18 am, at least as per the e-mail notification I received.

I was surprised that bidding went on for that long on the item as I had gone to bed thinking that I would be the high bidder. Per chance, did anyone on the GUF win that item? Would be interested to know.
    Do you have the link for that? I'd love to see it. Lopez was one of those obscure Yankees from days gone by. I met him years ago. Kind of neat that a jersey of his remained.

Vintagedeputy,
    Here is the link:
    http://greyflannelauctions.com/LotDe...px?lotid=18788

That's very interesting that you met him, what was he like?