Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Help on Tino Martinez Yankees BP Jersey

This my be a REAL EASY one. I just got this Jersey with a group of game worn jerseys. It looks all factory Sewn, like the patches, name & number. I read forums saying Majestic 0006 is game issued BP jerseys and sometimes 6000? This is a 6000. And that game issued BP jerseys comes in sizes 48, 50 ,52 etc..BUT then Sometimes they are just XL or XXL? This is a XXL. No flag tags. And .lol I know Yankees Uniforms never have names? This one does BUT.. I found a picture of Tino wearing what looks like a BP jersey with Martinez on it in the 2000 world series? (Attached) Any info is appreciated. Its cool jersey any which way!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Re: Help on Tino Martinez Yankees BP Jersey

That's not Tino in the pic.

Tino and Luis Gonzalez grew up together. It was probably Tino's family/friends congratulating Luis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

the Majestic logos on the game batting practice jerseys are sewn in and not visible like the retail ones

Replica BP jersey that was available at many sporting good stores in NY/NJ during the 90s. After they won a world series, they would add champions on the sleeve to sell even more. I know Champs used to sell these for numerous players, Tino included and they were all less than $100. I think around $75 if memory serves me correct.

Yeah I thought the Head was too Fat to be Tino's and the other pic is just a BP with another patch. Yeah i heard about the majestic on the inside. I haven't been able to find other like it..like a ususal production jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by sctizzle View Post
    Replica BP jersey that was available at many sporting good stores in NY/NJ during the 90s. After they won a world series, they would add champions on the sleeve to sell even more. I know Champs used to sell these for numerous players, Tino included and they were all less than $100. I think around $75 if memory serves me correct.

Right on Thanks for the INFO

Banned

MileHigh this is a definite replica Jersey because I have the same one of Darryl Strawberry these were big at sports authority also they were sold after the world series and the patch was added to boost up sales.

The hugest dead giveaway is the Yankees never add names to the Jerseys

So you don't have to bother looking at the tags

Also to concur with the other member that isn't Tino in the crowd.