Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Another Fake Pete Rose Jacket With Loa

Forum Readers-
    Last year, I posted a thread from a major auction house that was offering a Starter brand Pete Rose Phillies jacket. I challenged the auction house and fellow Forum readers to provide me with one photo os Rose or any Phillies player from the Pete Rose era (1979-1983) wearing a quilted Starter jacket. No photo or evidence has ever been provided to this day.

Now we have Broadway Rick's with this Rose jacket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pete-Rose-Philli...QQcmdZViewItem

Correct style wilson jacket, however, the Phillies did not have numbers on the sleeves of this style jacket. Again, bad jacket with a James Spence LOA. Again, I challenge any Forum reader to find a photo of any Phillies player from this era (1979-1983) wearing a knit Wilson brand jacket, NOB, with a # on the sleeve. I have Schmidt and Bob Boone's same style knit jackets at this Rose (both purchased directly from the Phillies), and neither have #'s on the sleeve, as is the correct style.

As I always say, a little homework must be done before depending on these worthless LOA's.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Re: Another Fake Pete Rose Jacket With Loa

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf
    Forum Readers-

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pete-Rose-Philli...QQcmdZViewItem

Again, bad jacket with a James Spence LOA. Again, I challenge any Forum reader to find a photo of any Phillies player from this era (1979-1983) wearing a knit Wilson brand jacket, NOB, with a # on the sleeve.

As I always say, a little homework must be done before depending on these worthless LOA's.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard- Am I reading the LOA wrong? I read it to only state to the authenticity of the autograph. The seller may be misrepresenting the jacket, but I don't read the LOA to authenticate the jacket to be game used/worn, just the autograph.

Banned

Re: Another Fake Pete Rose Jacket With Loa

Indeed, it appears the LOA is only for the autograph, however, the body of the LOA indicates the jacket is game worn.

So we have a real autograph on a fake jacket with a LOA on the real autograph-fantastic!

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net