Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Jay Buhner Bat Question

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    if i was a buhner collector that would have been the bat for me to get started. there was this one guy awhile back who sold a grip of buhner stuff and i was surprised how cheap his stuffs goes for. buhner is definitely underappreciated and underrated.
    Yeah, he is one of the few low average power hitters who hit much better with men on base. He could hit .250-.260 but drive in well over 100 RBI's. In 1995 he had 123 hits and 121 RBI. Now RBI are a measure of how well those in front of you get on but you still gotta knock'em in!!

I purchased about 80% of that collection a few months ago. It was the best month my collection has ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by mariner_gamers View Post
    Yeah, he is one of the few low average power hitters who hit much better with men on base. He could hit .250-.260 but drive in well over 100 RBI's. In 1995 he had 123 hits and 121 RBI. Now RBI are a measure of how well those in front of you get on but you still gotta knock'em in!!

I purchased about 80% of that collection a few months ago. It was the best month my collection has ever seen!
    what do you have of arod in your collection? i saw some photos but the shelf it was on wasnt fully shown on the photo. got to expect a nice arod bat somewhere too.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

what do you have of arod in your collection? i saw some photos but the shelf it was on wasnt fully shown on the photo. got to expect a nice arod bat somewhere too.
    I have a 1999 game used bat and a 1995 game used hat. I have never been a big fan of Arod's* and when his bats went crazy I sold 5 of them and built my Mustang. I also have about 15 auto's from early in his career on various items. I just unloaded some baseballs on eBay a couple months ago.

*Disclaimer-This does not mean I do not believe he is one of the greatest of all-time I am just a bigger Griffey, Edgar, Buhner fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner_gamers View Post

another guy who comes to mind is gorman thomas. buhner too had a gun for an arm.

i read an article that its probably tougher to get a good baseball card collection of a player like buhner and thomas than it would be to collect someone like arod just because gorman thomas and buhner stuff just dont come up for sale so often and some dealers wont even carry their cards since they are not bonafide stars. lot of dealers dont carry semistars cards. too much of a hassle carrying around the stuff to shows.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

another guy who comes to mind is gorman thomas. buhner too had a gun for an arm.

i read an article that its probably tougher to get a good baseball card collection of a player like buhner and thomas than it would be to collect someone like arod just because gorman thomas and buhner stuff just dont come up for sale so often and some dealers wont even carry their cards since they are not bonafide stars. lot of dealers dont carry semistars cards. too much of a hassle carrying around the stuff to shows.
    I have always felt that way about bat collecting. Right now I could find 4-5 Arod's or Griffey's to add to my collection. Since they are so abundant it takes the thrill of the hunt away. Try finding a Leroy Stanton from 77-79 or an Al Chambers from the 80's. Back in the late 70's/early 80's few collected bats and the Mariners were the joke of the league. At least I can say most old Mariners bats are inexpensive. I cannot image trying a run of the Yanks, Sox etc.....