Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

props to vintage authentics !

i wanted to share a good story about vintage authentics. i bid two weeks ago on a jersey. i then called two days ago when i found photo proof the item was not game worn by that player. i went through getty photos with steve at vintage. they thanked me for the info and removed my bid. i wanted to share this story b/c i know auctions get alot of bad pub. a public thank you to vintage.

Banned

Re: props to vintage authentics !

Quote Originally Posted by clinton2828 View Post
    i wanted to share a good story about vintage authentics. i bid two weeks ago on a jersey. i then called two days ago when i found photo proof the item was not game worn by that player. i went through getty photos with steve at vintage. they thanked me for the info and removed my bid. i wanted to share this story b/c i know auctions get alot of bad pub. a public thank you to vintage.
    Did they completely remove the item from the auction as well?

I don't see why you are thanking them???

If you did not do the homework, you would have bought and paid for a bad item.

Technically this is a bad story for Vintage with a good ending (as long as the item was pulled, or properly advertised).......
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

imo that is a good story and i'm glad it worked out for you - whenever an auction house is willing to listen to the collector, it's good for the hobby.

robert