Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

History of Mtchell and Ness Throwback Unis

Just wanted to see if anyone on here knew when M&N started making game jerseys for MLB. I have a 1994 game worn Jose Canseco TBTC Rangers Uniform that is made by them. I know it is real because it came directly from Jose and I have photomatched it to a baseball card from that game. Also, does anyone know the date this game was played. It was in 1994 and it was a TBTC game against the Brewers. I thought some of the Brewer fans may remember. Anyways, if anyone can shed somelight on M&N's history of game jerseys and what tagging to look for in an older one, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Todd Ricks

Re: History of Mtchell and Ness Throwback Unis

Do you have pics of the jersey??

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/233...65780061bGBplk

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/290...65780061WohKgr

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/259...65780061XGyALa

I don't know how to post photos, but here is a link to the front and back pics of the jersey, and a front pic of the pants. Let me know what you think. There are at least 4 baseball cards of Canseco showing a photo of him wearing this exact uniform during a game against the Brewers.

Thanks, Todd

Usually there is a tag in the front of the jersey with the mitchell and ness tag with the date of the game..Here is the exact jersey this game was played in 96 though....I love the tbc jerseys they are my favorite its ashame you do not see more of them for sale..Ill look around and see what I can find out..

Im guessing they were home the dates they played the Brewers in 94 were 4-13,4-14,4-15 Home
    away 5-30 5-31 6-1

This jersey is legitimate. That's why I was asking, I think the tags were not on the front of the jersey on the early ones. This looks just like the ones you posted, but doesn't have the tag on the front. It either didn't have them, or he removed them. Have you ever seen one of the Rangers jerseys from this early of a date. When did they start using the front tags.

Canseco was not with the Rangers in 1996. They wore these in 1994 also, and they did not have tags on the front. Does anyone know when they started putting the tags on the front of the jersey with the date of the game? I have a photomatch of Canseco wearing this jersey during a game against the Brewers. the Brewers are wearing a tbtc style jersey also. If anyone knows the date this game was played, please let me know. Also, dcrules, where did you post that photo from? Do you know of a website that has info on that game? spideyman79@yahoo.com

Hi. Long time lurker. First time poster. Mitchell & Ness began recreating vintage baseball jerseys in the mid 1980's. The first M&N baseball jersey for sale was a 1949 St. Louis Browns Roy Sievers model.

The story goes that at around the time that the M&N owner decided to sell vintage remakes, a customer came into his shop asking that his authentic game used '49 Sievers be repaired. The owner used the real Sievers jersey as the template for the first M&N baseball jersey.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the information. My question was when did they start making them for MLB teams to use in games. My jersey is from 1994, does anyone have an earlier M&N game used jersey? Let me know, and metsmetsmets, thanks for the response

According to Bill Hendersons guide 92 was the 1st year for Gamers made by Mitchell and Ness. I gave you the dates in 94 that the Brewers and Rangers played.That was the 1st year in the Rangers new park.They played 3 home games against them in April and 3 away end of May begining of June.I would try and locate a copy of the games from the opening series with the Brewers.I was just providing the picture as an example.Ill keep looking for ya to see what I can find out..