Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

World Series Base for Charity Reserve Price Help!!

Hi Everyone,

I was just given a game used world series base (authenticated by MLB) to auction off at my charity event for Boston Cares. I have NO idea what to set the minimum price at? 100? 250? 500? Any help would be very appreciated!

Re: World Series Base for Charity Reserve Price Help!!

I've seen many opening day bases go for $250 and more. Not sure what to set a WS one at but I would say more than the opening day price.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpetrella View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I was just given a game used world series base (authenticated by MLB) to auction off at my charity event for Boston Cares. I have NO idea what to set the minimum price at? 100? 250? 500? Any help would be very appreciated!
    What World Series are we talking about? And, from what game? Some sports markets get a higher price for their memorabilia than others.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Hello,
    I would open at $150. If it was donated to be sold at 100% proceeds to Boston Cares then you don’t want to price it to high as it won’t sell and you gain nothing.

If the event is heavily tied to baseball you may have an audience that is very savvy to the details of a specific World Series game but would'nt bank on it. I also assume this is an event that is attended and not online.

Now if it is from a Boston Red Sox WS and has their logo and the WS logo on it….might suggest $250.00 as the open.

Success requires two bidders with the interest and a starting price tempting enough to draw them in to the game….a open bar helps too J

Best of luck, Ty
    www.FriendsOfCFF.com
    Visit our Mariner Museum.
    Make a difference, help find a cure!

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is the meaning of success
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.SeattleMarinersRBI.com
    Seattle Mariners Real Baseball Involvement
    A new day, a new way....working with the M's to improve the community.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tym View Post
    Hello,
    I would open at $150. If it was donated to be sold at 100% proceeds to Boston Cares then you don’t want to price it to high as it won’t sell and you gain nothing.

If the event is heavily tied to baseball you may have an audience that is very savvy to the details of a specific World Series game but would'nt bank on it. I also assume this is an event that is attended and not online.

Now if it is from a Boston Red Sox WS and has their logo and the WS logo on it….might suggest $250.00 as the open.

Success requires two bidders with the interest and a starting price tempting enough to draw them in to the game….a open bar helps too J

Best of luck, Ty
    Ty, I'm with you. If we can get some more information on the base, maybe some members of this forum will offer bids that tpetrella can put in his back pocket and take with him to his auction. For myself, I would like to know the serial number so I can confirm the base was actually used in a World Series game.

Jim

Banned

I have seen most Post Season (playoffs & world series) Game Used bases start at bids from $250 to $500

I would go with the member who said start off the bidding low so you can make sure it gets some action.
    I would star it off about $250 or maybe $350 - depending on what world series it was from.

Whats the base look like?