Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RedsFest ????

Re: RedsFest ????

Quote Originally Posted by pietraynor View Post
    The Game Used selection from the RCF was a disappointment this year, worst I've seen in last several years. Surprisingly, I counted at least 8 Votto bats & nearly the same from Dunn (though his were beat up a little more, cracked, broken, etc. A friend of mine purchased 1 of each, the Dunn was signed). I heard of one person getting a Bruce, but didn't see it. Also saw a Votto helmet being sold. I was near the front of the line, one of the first to check out the gamers, went straight to the jerseys..There was a pile of jerseys (mostly $75), bats (including 2 Votto's) & several common helmets ($30 each) near the entrance but that person did not enter early, in fact entered after I did...From what I saw, had a helper & grabbed what they could, an attendant watched over it as they continued to shop, likely a dealer or ebayer, but can't be sure. My friend followed me by several minutes, walked over to the bat bin & picked out his Votto. I purchased 3 jerseys & 8 hats, 7 of which are the "Patriotic" red/white/blue style (only one's I saw available). We left around 630pm and there were still items available, nothing new had been put out. Along w/ jerseys, hats, helmets & bats, there were also pants & some catching gear. Will be glad to answer any questions others may have. Jay ldonalds@columbus.rr.com
    If anybody obtained anything interesting on Dunn like one of the Patriotic hats described please contact me at skyking442@hotmail.com. I am set on a Reds bat, but need a jersey. Does not sound like a jersey was available on him...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

They also had at least 2 of the Joe Nuxhall #41 jerseys the team wore on Opening Day

I saw Bill Bray and someone else. Forget the number

$300 pricetag on the Bill Bray.

I picked up a Josh Roenicke Game Used Road Cool Base Jersey with the "Nuxy" patch on the sleeve.

I was happy to get that as he is one of my favorite Reds players.

Also saw a Homer Bailey ST jersey for $225.
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    They also had at least 2 of the Joe Nuxhall #41 jerseys the team wore on Opening Day

I saw Bill Bray and someone else. Forget the number

$300 pricetag on the Bill Bray.

I picked up a Josh Roenicke Game Used Road Cool Base Jersey with the "Nuxy" patch on the sleeve.

I was happy to get that as he is one of my favorite Reds players.

Also saw a Homer Bailey ST jersey for $225.
    Email sent.....
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Reply Sent

I have not heard anything about Dunn returning to Cinn. I know the Nationals have always had an eye on him, and if they can't sign Tex., then he figures to move to top priority. For Dunn to go there, he'll get the payday but be playing for another team going nowhere. It would be nice to see him have a chance to play with a contender...
    ROBERT KOPPEL

There were a couple of Dunn jerseys available, but I didn't get to check for wear/year, etc. They didn't last long. Jay.

"We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

The only Dunn jerseys I saw were signed retail jerseys

Which they had mixed in with the game used stuff

Quote Originally Posted by pietraynor View Post
    The Game Used selection from the RCF was a disappointment this year, worst I've seen in last several years. Surprisingly, I counted at least 8 Votto bats & nearly the same from Dunn (though his were beat up a little more, cracked, broken, etc. A friend of mine purchased 1 of each, the Dunn was signed). I heard of one person getting a Bruce, but didn't see it. Also saw a Votto helmet being sold. I was near the front of the line, one of the first to check out the gamers, went straight to the jerseys..There was a pile of jerseys (mostly $75), bats (including 2 Votto's) & several common helmets ($30 each) near the entrance but that person did not enter early, in fact entered after I did...From what I saw, had a helper & grabbed what they could, an attendant watched over it as they continued to shop, likely a dealer or ebayer, but can't be sure. My friend followed me by several minutes, walked over to the bat bin & picked out his Votto. I purchased 3 jerseys & 8 hats, 7 of which are the "Patriotic" red/white/blue style (only one's I saw available). We left around 630pm and there were still items available, nothing new had been put out. Along w/ jerseys, hats, helmets & bats, there were also pants & some catching gear. Will be glad to answer any questions others may have. Jay ldonalds@columbus.rr.com
    I shot you an email..... let me know if you got it!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Dont know about the Brandon Phillips bat, but I know the Votto bat has been on Ebay before the gates opened at Redsfest. So I know that's not from Redsfest, at least not this years.