Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RedsFest ????

Re: RedsFest ????

I entered the shop around 4:10 pm and yes it was swarming. I saw the person with all that stuff to the side. I did come across a Josh Hamilton, Adam Dunn, and a Joey Votto bat in the bins but they were just hacked. Tape wrapped all over it and I passed because of it.

Only thing I picked up was a Adam Rosales and Paul Janish game used bats for $25 each. I was mainly on the hunt for Chris Valaika's spring training jersey. I know its a long shot but did anyone happen to pick it up?

Were there any 2008 Reds Spring training jerseys, or 2008 'Game Ready' of Louisville Bats players that never got called up?

yes there were some spring training jerseys, not a lot. I didn't see any Louisville bats game ready jerseys of players that didnt get called up.

I went last night as well. It was nice seeing some cheaper prices on stuff. Seemed last year everything was over $100 a jersey. I took a bunch of pictures in the game used area. I will post them if people want to see them. I got there right around 5. So I didn't see what was there at the start. They had an entire rack of spring training jerseys starting at $50. Jerseys anywhere from $75 on up. Had a few too many at $150 of nobodies or late season call ups. Also had those signed retail jerseys mixed in that I doubt many people realized weren't game used. I was really hoping they would have had some of the camouflage game used jerseys worn for two games on 4th July weekend. Didn't see any of those. I saw someone say the did have stars and stripes caps, those must have all been gone right away. Never saw those, maybe someone came in early and grabed all the camouflage jerseys. I did also see a few of the Nuxhall opening day jerseys at $300. Bats anywhere from $25 up. Some were even MLB authenticated. Mostly same guys Chakes saw Bako, Patterson types . A few decent deals were at $50 like Edwin, Freel and some pitchers bats. I didn't see any Arroyo, Volquez, Cueto, Cordero stuff. A few Harang bats were at $75. I ended up getting two jerseys. I picked up Affeldt with awesome use. The tags show many a washing. Nice fraying and number puckering. Also got red alternate of Jolbert Cabrera with nice use. Has some black type marks in the back bottom area.

Nice Affeldt jersey! Nice to see the prices on the jerseys come down, hopefully some of those pop up on ebay SOON.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

yeah post some of those pics that you took of the game used area.

Valaika - Would you mind posting pictures of the Rosales and Janish bats? Let me know if you are planning to move either one!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

I sure will, I will post them tonight when I get home from work. Hey- I just posted a thread about having trouble viewing mlb holograms on my computer. I can't read the information on my home computer but I can at work. Didn't you have problems with this at one time? Also the Rosales bat it says was used 9-18-08 in the bottom of the 9th inning, i got it signed by him last night.

Does anyone know what the reds do with the bats/jerseys/ S.T. jerseys that weren;t sold? Is there anyway to contact the Reds to purchase items?

Quote Originally Posted by Sincityson View Post
    Does anyone know what the reds do with the bats/jerseys/ S.T. jerseys that weren;t sold? Is there anyway to contact the Reds to purchase items?
    Redsfest 2009 is where I'm sure it will be next. It seemed like a lot of stuff sold last night. Many people had their hands full of stuff and saw all kinds of people in the autograph lines with game used jerseys and bats in tow. Did anyone go today? Wonder how much was left at the end and if they did start slashing prices in the final few hours. They have done this is in the past. I know last year they only dicounted the bats at the end.

I will upload those pictures later tonight. Maybe a few of you are in them. I did some overall shots and of the different ares of what was avaliable.
    Let's see some other pictures of what everyone else got. That is cool that you got Rosales to sign his gamer bat. He seems like a really cool guy.
    Did anyone see any Dickerson stuff?