X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indyred
    • May 2006

Re: RedsFest ????

Originally posted by VALAIKA COLLECTOR
    Very nice photos. If there was a video posted it would show fans sliding jerseys to the side on the racks and picking up the bats out of the bins and realizing it was a scrub and throwing it back in! I swear if I picked up another dang Bako or Hatteberg bat! There were so many of them they could have filled their own bin full of them.
    Thanks. I think it's cool when people post pictures from these type of events. So people who couldn't make it can see what it was like. One thing I did notice on the bats. A couple Hatteberg bats that Dunn used, had his tape job on them. So people could have gotten a used Dunn bat for $25. Also a Conine bat with Dunn tape job. You can see in one photo a bat with Griffey tape job on it. Also saw a Austin Kearns bat with a definite Wily Mo tape job on it.
    So did no one on the board go Saturday? Would love to hear what kind of stuff was left and if they cut prices on stuff to get it out the door. It is fun to look back and think what I should have gotten. I wish I saw those Stars and Stripes caps, what were they selling them for and were they MLB authenticated?

Valaika collector, what did Rosales say when you handed him his game used bat to sign. He seems like the chatty type. I saw the bat on your site it looks great.

Comment

• VALAIKA COLLECTOR
      • Oct 2008

Indyred- Now that I think about it, your exactly right on those tape jobs! Didn't even cross my mind when I was there. I didn't get to go Saturday because I had to work so I would be interested in seeing if the reds cut prices at the end.

The Rosales bat is a funny story. I was third in line and when I handed it to him he smiled real big and said "wow". I seen a total of 2 Rosales bats there. The other one had tape all over it. The redsfest guy asked him if he knew when he had used it. He sat there and was trying to think hard...

I decided to pull it up on my phone and told him he used it on 9-18-08 bottom of 9th inning. The redsfest worker said "oh yeah thats the game you slid headfirst into home, Rosales looked at him and said no way, really? It was all real funny because Rosales really tried to think what he did in that game.

I googled it when I got home, looked like he went I believe 2-4 that game and he cracked this bat on a fly out to left field. If only I could get a photomatch of it, that would be very very cool.

Chris Valaika is a guy of great personality. He recognized me and my wife there and asked what we had been up to and what we had to get signed. He has to problem striking up a conversation with you. I told him I had picked up his Lookouts jersey from the team. He knows I try to get everything I can for our collection. I'm still very thankful that he gave us his batting gloves last year because I could not find any and even offered to pay him for it!

Can't wait to see him play in Cincy.

Comment

• AWA85
        • Jan 2008

Valaika, after looking at your website I think you are going to make it hard to collect some his items. Very cool jerseys you have! How did you get a hold of the Dayton gear, do they end up selling it?
        Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• markfd
          • Jul 2006

Is this the same one that was on Ebay the other week?

Originally posted by FENWAY
          Not from the Fest...but I have this Austin Kearns glove available if interested. Was a backup glove acquired from a good source. Wilson a2000 A2K ELO, not available retail. $300 obo.

Comment

• VALAIKA COLLECTOR
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by AWA85
            Valaika, after looking at your website I think you are going to make it hard to collect some his items. Very cool jerseys you have! How did you get a hold of the Dayton gear, do they end up selling it?
            AWA85- I got the Dragons items from a collector who has a ton of Dragons players game used items. Unfortunately the Dragons NEVER sell game used items so I have no idea where Valaika's Dragons jerseys are. I even offered $500 to the team and yes they declined!

Comment

• VALAIKA COLLECTOR
              • Oct 2008

I just got word froma freind who went into the reds shop 2 hours before closing time that the only thing they were doing was a buy one get one free on bats. Jerseys were not reduced, so he picked up 6 bats and just had to pay for 3 of them. Not bad

Comment

• AWA85
                • Jan 2008

Valaika - I shot you an email.

Comment

• EricDavis44fan
                  • Apr 2007

Had a good time at Redsfest this year. The Reds Community Fund was really a disappointment this year like everyone said. There was some dealers who had some cool game used stuff, you just had to really look for it. My family and I were again asked to help with Eric Davis' Hitting From The Heart booth. I was given Eric's 2006 Spring Training Coach's jersey for helping out. I also got my 1991 Home white jersey signed by Eric.

Dave
                  Always looking for Eric Davis gamers
                  Attached Files

Comment

• VALAIKA COLLECTOR
                    • Oct 2008

Very nice looking Eric Davis jerseys you have there.

Comment

• FENWAY
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by markfd
                      Is this the same one that was on Ebay the other week?
                      Yes. Had some solid offers, but thought I'd offer it up here before relisting. Thanks

Comment

• AWA85
                        • Jan 2008

Any of you guys with the Road jerseys, do the Reds still have the PROPERTY OF TAG and the year? Just looking at purchasing one, and was wondering if that is on the away jerseys or not!

Comment

• cincy13
                          • May 2007

I'm a member of the Reds Hall of Fame. They get alot of the best jerseys for future and present displays. Dealers do not get to buy early. Someone got a Brandon Phillips bat, there were Bruce bats, Votto Bats. It just goes fast when the door opens.

Comment

• AWA85
                            • Jan 2008

Cincy- would you mind shooting me an email at AWA85@live.com have a question for you.

Comment

• indyred
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by cincy13
                              I'm a member of the Reds Hall of Fame. They get alot of the best jerseys for future and present displays. Dealers do not get to buy early. Someone got a Brandon Phillips bat, there were Bruce bats, Votto Bats. It just goes fast when the door opens.
                              Did Reds HOF get any of the camouflage game used jerseys from 4th July weekend games? Did the players get to keep them, haven't seen any of those on the market.

Comment

• cincy13
                                • May 2007

I was at Redsfest & there were many Dickerson GU Bats.

Comment

Working...