Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hybrid View

Re: Nolan Ryan game used Astros rainbow jersey on ebay

my email is george.sharon@cyfairvfd.org I cant log on to it from work so ill try to email you thisafternoon

In 1976 they used a single color for the number on back and in 1975 they used a single color for the number but it was inside a large white circle(bullet hole)

Rudy,
    Ryan continued to order Goodman jerseys custom made for him after Houston began ordering from other suppliers. Did you know that his were the only Goodman jerseys ordered? Could they have been stitched differently since his were the only ones Goodman made?

Quote Originally Posted by buc View Post
    Rudy,
    Ryan continued to order Goodman jerseys custom made for him after Houston began ordering from other suppliers. Did you know that his were the only Goodman jerseys ordered? Could they have been stitched differently since his were the only ones Goodman made?
    goodman didn't supply many MLB teams and past a certain point, it seems they pretty much only supplied ryan. when ryan was on the rangers, the entire team wore rawlings and later, russell, and ryan was still wearing goodman. so yeah, i figured his were the only goodmans ordered. when you ask if they could've been stitched differently since his were the only ones made, stitched differently than what? than all of the other jerseys goodman produced for him? the goodmans that ryan wore while on the rangers had the typical straight stitch. goodmans ordered while on the astros show the same straight stitch. this is the first goodman ryan jersey i've ever seen with a zig-zag stitched mfr tag.

rudy.

bucRudy,

from 84-at least 88 when ryan left the astros the Astros wore Goodman jerseys in 87 and 88 the got shipments of Rawlings as they had the league contract but they wore the goodmans. so far as the examples selling and being authenticated i dont know but I do want to ask this question. Is it logical that the biggest superstar on the Astros of that era would be the only player to have the tagging in the neck of his jerseys when every other player on the team has that tagging in the tail of thier jerseys or is it more logical that all the jerseys supplied to the team would have the same tagging?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nolan-Ryan-Game-...1%7C240%3A1318

check out this ryan in the e3bay stores section it has the tag in the tail

I dont really understand why you included DODGERS jerseys in this discussion but i will point out that the Dodgers jerseys have a double layer of material in the neck where as the Astros dont. the Dodgers jerseys tags are all sewn onto this double flap of material in the neck and the tags are not visible from the outside of the jersey. In the case of the Astros there is no double flap of material and the sewing lines and stiching would be visible from the outside of the jersey looking at the back, can you think of any major leage team that has ever had something like that? I cant.