Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Nolan Ryan game used Astros rainbow jersey on ebay

Here is an 85

Ok here is an 84-85 being auctioned off as we speak

http://www.memorylaneinc.com/site/bi...ctionid=66#pic

i have a rainbow common by goodman with a tag on the tail... i think thats where they are suppose to be

Banned

Re: Nolan Ryan game used Astros rainbow jersey on eBay

Other than the fact that someone doesn't like the stitching pattern and some think (don't know for sure) the tag is in the wrong place, does anyone have any concrete evidence to issues with this jersey?

Astros wore Goodman and Sons rainbow 84-85-86 with 2 color block numbers.The other years were Sand Knit/Goodman but the letters were varsity style.Didn't 86 have a patch on the sleeve???

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    Astros wore Goodman and Sons rainbow 84-85-86 with 2 color block numbers.The other years were Sand Knit/Goodman but the letters were varsity style.Didn't 86 have a patch on the sleeve???
    The 86 jerseys had 1 of 2 patches; either the silver anniversary patch or the All-Star game patch. They wore 1 up until the All-Star game that year and the other from the All-Star break until the end of the season.

I thought I remembered a patch on the 86's

According to Bushing and Kinunen, the tagging from the Memory Lane jersey (84-85) is in the neck, which matches their exemplars. If it matches the examples they have or have seen, do they own bad examples?

Quote Originally Posted by buc View Post
    According to Bushing and Kinunen, the tagging from the Memory Lane jersey (84-85) is in the neck, which matches their exemplars. If it matches the examples they have or have seen, do they own bad examples?
    interesting idea isn't it? authenticating by matching it up against your other examples automatically assumes your other examples are 100% legit. if they aren't, you're just going to keep making the same errors over and over.

reminds of how lon lewis had the mcauliffe order sheets for the A's from 1968-80 and those order sheets show reggie jackson ordering only size 42 jerseys from 1972-76. no size 44s. despite that, mears has authenticated numerous jackson A's jerseys from that time period that are 44s. when confronted with the order sheets, mears justified it by saying the 44s were "in their database". [whoopdee doo. a database is only as good (or bad) as the data in it.] mears then amended one of their loas to say that "the McAuliffe order sheets show them shipping size 42 jerseys for Jackson but there are known size 44 jerseys existing.". again, it's false logic isn't it? just because 44s exist doesn't mean they're legit. anyhoo, back to the original post, there are times when mears seems to work backwards by saying that if something's in their database then it must be legit and therefore all things are measured up against their database. yeah well, nice theory but what if items in their database are bad?

anyway there's a lot of talk about whether the tag should be in the collar or the body. important fact no doubt. however, for me, i'd think the discussion would pretty much be moot in light of the fact that the tag is sewn via a zig-zag stitch. if the tag is sewn incorrectly then i don't know what other conclusions are possible. seems pretty clear cut to me.

rudy.

$1,063.00

Todd Ricks