Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Nolan Ryan game used Astros rainbow jersey on ebay

All,

Please take a look at this one... Seller states that it is "game worn" and offers up no evidence, especially the tagging (though I can make out a tag on the back of the neck in 1 of the photos -- is this right?). Jersey is autographed only with Ryan's stats.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=015

I have written to the seller with questions and 2 days have gone by without a response (20 bids later).

Any thoughts about this one?

Thanks,
    Nick

Re: Nolan Ryan game used Astros rainbow jersey on ebay

The seller has impressive feedback and guarantees the authenticity, which are good signs. eBay sellers who knowingly sell dubious stuff are usually loathe to give an authenticity guarantee.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    All,

Please take a look at this one... Seller states that it is "game worn" and offers up no evidence, especially the tagging (though I can make out a tag on the back of the neck in 1 of the photos -- is this right?). Jersey is autographed only with Ryan's stats.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=015

I have written to the seller with questions and 2 days have gone by without a response (20 bids later).

Any thoughts about this one?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Nick, I emailed the seller and they replied this morning that they have added a picture of the tag to the listing.

Name:  1d88_1.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  15.1 KB

They didn't answer my question how they know the jersey is game used.

Thanks Joel. I saw that too.

I have 2 Astros jerseys of this era; a home white and a road cream; both tagged by Goodman & Sons. The tagging is on the bottom front of the jersey, not in the collar... so my question is did Goodman & Sons tag the rainbow alternates differently than their other jerseys? Doesn't seem to make much sense that they would do this. I remember Rawlings used to tag the retail authentic jerseys in the collar whereas they tagged the game jerseys on the front. Anyway, anyone with more info out there, please chime in...

Here is one of the finest Ryan gamers Ive seen in auction. The tag is in the NECK.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...uction_ID=9971

look at the way that the goodman tag is stitched. i can't see it perfectly clearly but it appears that it may be affixed via a zig-zag stitch. if it is a zig-zag, has anyone ever seen a goodman tag affixed in such a way? i've only ever seen them applied via the typical straight stitch like this:

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    Here is one of the finest Ryan gamers Ive seen in auction. The tag is in the NECK.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...uction_ID=9971
    affixed via the standard straight stitch. i keep looking at the ebay jersey and it really looks like a zig-zag stitch and i've never seen a goodman (or rawlings or russell or wilson tag applied with such a stitch).

rudy.

I am accustomed to the Goodman tags being sewn in straight stitch..all 4 sides. Not zig zag.......

It seems the Goodman tag should be a bit more "flush".
    This a great example of why you should refrain from getting a jersey autographed. We got a bleeder!

Here is an 85