Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

I Sold A Fake Kobe Bryant GU Jersey

I purchased the item below believeing it was a Kobe game used jersey. I then sold it a few weeks later for a little profit. When I sold it I had the best of intentions. However, a small time after that I found out that the jersey I sold was 10000% NOT game used. Mr. Lampson threw me under the bus. Kobe Bryant never ever at any time wore the jersey I believed to be the real deal. I never was able to find the buyer and the rest is history. Just wanted to share my story........

http://www.vintageauthentics.com/cgi...aunbr=81766156

Re: I Sold A Fake Kobe Bryant GU Jersey

It happens.
    Sometimes even us so called "experts" in our respective areas get burned.
    It takes a man to risk the consternation of some of the "holier than thou" contingent of this board to step up and own an eff-up.
    You'll get no grief from this humble collector.

I know my stuff on post 2001 NFL jerseys...and especially college football jerseys. On NBA I am not expert and I got burned. Unfortunately I passed (unintentionally) that burn onto someone else. After this Bryant debacle, I decided to no longer pay attention to ANY Lampson LOA.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    I purchased the item below believeing it was a Kobe game used jersey. I then sold it a few weeks later for a little profit. When I sold it I had the best of intentions. However, a small time after that I found out that the jersey I sold was 10000% NOT game used. Mr. Lampson threw me under the bus. Kobe Bryant never ever at any time wore the jersey I believed to be the real deal. I never was able to find the buyer and the rest is history. Just wanted to share my story........

http://www.vintageauthentics.com/cgi...aunbr=81766156
    Ok Loomis, this is none of my business...but since you started this thread, it seems you want to answer questions. Did you consign it to Vintage or did you buy it from Vintage? I guess you bought from Vintage with an Lampson LOA. How exactly did Lampson throw you under the bus? How did you sell this jersey? On eBay? At a flea market? Wrapped up in a little plastic baggy in Washington Square (or MacArthur Park, insert shady locale here)? Yea, I'm trying to be funny, but how could you lose contact info for the buyer? Again, not trying to pass judgement...just asking 'cause you started the thread. Yes, Lampson doesn't know shine-ola from a hole in the ground.

I bought it from Vintage under the idea it was game used. I literally sold it off my back in Las Vegas. I was walking in Bellagio and a Laker fan saw it and inquired. I told him what it was and he offered to buy it. Thats how I lost track of the buyer. Never saw him again.

Thats how Lampson threw me under the bus......

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    I bought it from Vintage under the idea it was game used. I literally sold it off my back in Las Vegas. I was walking in Bellagio and a Laker fan saw it and inquired. I told him what it was and he offered to buy it. Thats how I lost track of the buyer. Never saw him again.

Thats how Lampson threw me under the bus......
    What a minute, hold on, I want to make sure I undertand this! Were you seriously wearing Kobe Bryant jersey that you assumed to be game used? Then a random person off the street offered you, what Im assuming is quite a bit of money, for a game used jersey he see's you wearing, without any proof that the jersey is game used. What exacly do you feel bad about, wearing the jersey or the fact some random (obviously intoxicated) person bought it?

This is a great story that could possibly be made into one of those, "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" commercials.

Anybody who can be walking around and just arbitrarily buy a Kobe jersey for a game used-type price must have enough money that they really don't care if it's real or not. How did he pay you on the spot? I'm assuming cash, and not a small amount of cash. Anybody carrying that kind of cash probably wouldn't be THAT upset to find out the jersey isn't real. Maybe I'm wrong.

Why would you be wearing a Kobe Bryant gamer??

Why would you be wearing a Kobe Bryant gamer??
    Because his MJ gamer was in the wash.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Because his MJ gamer was in the wash.
    lol! Fletch! I got it! Good one!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes: