Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Help! Trying to purchase my first game used jersey

Jason, congrats, you got a great deal. The first is always the best Like Dan said, keep a little money to the side to feed the sickness. Also, use this forum, it's the best for research, buying, etc. The people in this forum are the best. Definitely use the Items Wanted section. I have been trying to find Troy Percival gear for years. Persistence and constant thread bumping (which probably is annoying to everyone) has paid off big time. Everyone has been great and I have picked up some great pieces. Most of all, have fun!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Thanks guys for your help and advice. I can tell you guys know alot here. I am definately going to try to keep some money aside so when the right piece pops up I'm ready to get it! Thanks again!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    Thanks guys for your help and advice. I can tell you guys know alot here. I am definately going to try to keep some money aside so when the right piece pops up I'm ready to get it! Thanks again!
    - If your married, get your spouse (male or female) involved;
    - If your single, get your steady (male or female) involved. If you find that you share the same likes and dislikes, that person may or may not be a keeper.
    - Stick with common players - I am sure you have read about all the issues that come up when you collect Super-Star items.

Merry Christmas,

Jim

Got my jersey today! It's not even Christmas yet and I am so happy! Not enough pictures to do photo matching. I could only find pictures from the Eagles game. I could not find any from the Cardinals game. Since these were only used twice in a year, do you guys think they reused them twice? I'm not quite sure how teams recycle or reuse jerseys. The 8 on the back shows some dirt from Dolphins Stadium when the dirt was on the field from the Marlins. The 3 has some black scuff marks. I am guessing they are from Veterans Stadium, because they didn't have dirt on a turf field. Any answers would help! Thanks!!

Those "burns" can occur from facemasks as well - the rubber coating peels off onto the jersey or other helmets. Since the Eagles wear black facemasks this makes sense.