Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Schmidt jersey tagging question

How does the tagging on this jersey look? It's a 1989 Phillies home w/ Set 2 and Schimidt's name in the collar.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Schmidt jersey tagging question

Here is some Phillies tags from Bill Hendersons guide

The Schmidt letters in your photo look to thin imo maybe some others can chime in.They look sloppy

it's got a 1990-style rawlings tag. while i've seen a few scant legit examples of 1989 jerseys with 1990-style tags (rare, late season orders), it also happens to be a hallmark of scoreboard shirts. as well, scoreboard did make a schmidt jersey. if i was buying a 1989 schmidt, i'd want a 1989-style rawlings tag.

rudy.

It always boggled my mind how many 1989 Schmidt Home "Game Worn" Jerseys are on the market, considering that he didn't even play a full 2 months! I can confidently say that I've seen at least 7 or 8 in my years of collecting his memorabilia.

Thanks for the replies, I passed on the jersey...

Check with Howard Wolf, he knows Phillies gamers inside and out.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Banned

Question, did the Schmidt Scoreboard jerseys have a "Schmidt" collar tag or just a year tag?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Question, did the Schmidt Scoreboard jerseys have a "Schmidt" collar tag or just a year tag?

Jim
    jim

i'm sure howard knows and will respond. strictly from my fuzzy memory, i'll say the schmidt scoreboard shirts didn't have the collar tag. of course, this would go against all of the other scoreboard shirts that were properly tagged wouldn't it? the 1990 "2 90" cansecos came with proper strip tags so why wouldn't the schmidts? my memory says one thing but my brain says another. also, were the schmidt scoreboard shirts road or home jerseys? howard will sort it out.

even if i'm right and they didn't come with strip tags, it wouldn't be hard to add a strip tag and a schmidt jersey would justify it. the scoreboard bo jackson jerseys were all set 2. i've seen some 1989 home bo jackson shirts (the type that scoreboard used) that were tagged as set 1. made me wonder if they had that set 1 tag inserted because everyone knows the scoreboard versions are set 2. insert a set 1 tag and make 'em think it's not a scoreboard shirt. at the end of the day, on a 1989 schmidt jersey i'd want to see a 1988-89 style rawlings tag instead of a 1990-91 style tag.

anyway..as usual..i answered a lot of questions that noone asked.

rudy.