Hi everyone,

Many of you may remember me from a few years back but I’ve taken a break from the hobby to focus on other areas of collecting, namely autographs. Unfortunately, given the economic situation, I’m in the unenviable position of being forced to sell some of my better named gamers in order to raise some money. For example, I had to put my 2005 Astros Roy Oswalt gamer, one of my favorites, on eBay where it has been listed at a fixed price without any takers.

Sadly, this seems to be the worst time to sell since the market appears to be very, very dry and virtually inactive. I could be wrong, though. Maybe nobody wants an Oswalt at an attractive price – it happens! I’m trying to avoid selling other big named gamers so hopefully everything works out there. Otherwise, I may have to sell other bits and pieces to avoid the major ones that I have. Since I’ve been away for a few years (last bought a jersey in 2005) I was wondering what everyone thought about this and what the market is like currently – please fill me in!

Thanks,

Tim
stkmtimo@yahoo.com