Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Early Holiday Surprise

Usually I do not run into many surprise items, but there is one seller that I trust and often buy items unseen. Well point of the story is I received a nice little surprise when I opened up my Brett Boone Cincinnati Reds bat today. Number 29 written on the top and bottom of the bat, but in marker over the number is 11....... only player to wear sticks during this time was Mr. Barry Larkin! May have just grabbed the cheapest Larkin game used bat out there

So lets hear it, anyone else run into any surprise items? Could be good or bad experiences.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Re: Early Holiday Surprise

My biggest surprise would've been a Kurt Abbott 2000 World Series broken bat that I bought off eBay a couple years ago for $75. It was actually held by Derek Jeter after Abbott shattered the bat and it was all on TV

Also a few more to add to the list:

This year I bought a Matt Kemp broken bat which was not only broken over his knee after striking out, but it was also used when he got into a brawl with Yorvit Torrealba 2 games earlier

I also bought this year a Latroy Hawkins photomatched game worn hat, and I'm currently doing research trying to confirm that it was worn during David Wells' perfect game, when Hawkins was the opposing pitcher

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    My biggest surprise would've been a Kurt Abbott 2000 World Series broken bat that I bought off eBay a couple years ago for $75. It was actually held by Derek Jeter after Abbott shattered the bat and it was all on TV

Also a few more to add to the list:

This year I bought a Matt Kemp broken bat which was not only broken over his knee after striking out, but it was also used when he got into a brawl with Yorvit Torrealba 2 games earlier

I also bought this year a Latroy Hawkins photomatched game worn hat, and I'm currently doing research trying to confirm that it was worn during David Wells' perfect game, when Hawkins was the opposing pitcher
    Sweet, Kyle. Those are awesome stories! Do you know if the seller knew that he sold you a WS bat with usch a story behind it?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Sweet, Kyle. Those are awesome stories! Do you know if the seller knew that he sold you a WS bat with usch a story behind it?

Nope....he didn't know a thing about it. I almost didn't bid actually. There was a reserve, so I thought it was going to be maybe up to $200, so I simply asked the seller what the reserve was and he told me $75, which is what I bid in the last minute.