Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2001 Barry Bonds jersey

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120349475264

i've seen a few of these jerseys around, some of them positively authenticated by lampson and mears. one of them was even missing a nob! yet they still bore the "bonds authenticated" patch. the thing that has me curious is the lack of size tag and customization tags. i've been told that the proper tagging for a 2001 bonds shirt would be 50+1+1. it should have 3 flag tags. this can be seen in this photo of bonds:

bushing and troy gave that particular one an A10 despite the fact that it doesn't even have a size tag. as well, there's no bonds hologram on the jersey. you'd think a missing size tag, missing customization tags, and missing jersey hologram would be worth a point or two off but i guess not. anyway, some interesting reading about bonds' fakes from mike quick:

http://www.mikessportinggoods.com/fake.htm

are the "bonds authenticated" patches fake or did bonds simply pump out garbage?

rudy.

Re: 2001 Barry Bonds jersey

That jersey was not worn by Barry Bonds. !00% not game worn. I have several photo's from 2001 with his jersey untucked.

1.) missing the extra tagging
    2.) the 2001 real gamers have the bonds aythenticataed patch but not the patch with 2001 stiched on them.
    3.) I have only seen one real 2001 gamer ever for sale. And that one was reportedly taken direct from bonds locker.

It pains me to see collectors spend thousands on these fakes. Bonds former buddy Hoskins sold a ton of these with holograms and HR numbers, that are entirely fake. They never show any use.

Check out the Espn the magazine photo that has Barrys jersey untucked.

Banned

It pains me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    2.) the 2001 real gamers have the bonds aythenticataed patch but not the patch with 2001 stiched on them.
    interesting. here's an enlargement showing bonds after he broke mcgwire's record. it's true that on the "bonds authenticated" tag there is no "2001" as there is on the ebay jersey's tag:

so someone made up fake "bonds authenticated" tags? crazy. i guess they wanted to put "2001" on them to have folks think they were from bonds' most lucrative season. so if the bonds tag is fake, then what of the bonds LOA with hologram? fake as well?

and then you look at the bushing/kinunen A10 on it. a perfect score. a perfect jersey. i've always thought that if a person doesn't know something, they should just say so and not pretend otherwise. pretending to know something you don't can cause a wack of damage. apparently, bushing doesn't share the same sentiment. the man knows as much about baseball shirts as bush does about exit strategies but apparently that didn't stop either of them. like some toddler behind the wheel, i can only imagine how much damage he's caused out there with his freewheeling A10s.

rudy.

I have 9 different photo's of Bonds from the 2001 season with his jersey untucked, none have the 2001. If you check out these jerseys for sale they are generic jerseys with no tagging, no use, and have the Bonds authenticated tag. I believe the Bonds camp saw how lucrative the game used jersey were that they, couldn't keep up with demand. A few years back Bonds claimed publicaly he had all of his home 2001 Jerseys.

here are a couple examples from 2001, I have plenty more if your not convinced. check out the tagging and bonds authenticated patch in the first photo.

wow - if everything stated here is true then lots of folks have shelled out mucho dinero for suspect bonds jerseys. as a matter of fact, missing "flags" seems to the rule rather than the exception when it comes bonds "gamers" recently sold at auction. and embroidered "2001" tags also seems to be the rule rather than the exception...

did someone really pay $21k for a fake 60th homer, 2001 bonds jersey? did a knockoff of such a landmark shirt really slip by all of the "experts"? it clearly has no flags and "2001" is embroidered. btw i didn't compare the following jerseys to each other so some may be the same shirt that hit the blocks again.

$21,000 2001 (60th homer) - american memorabilia:

$2,300 2001 - heritage:

$2,300 2001 - lelands:

$3,900 2001 - american:

$4,200 2001 - american:

$4,300 2001 - lelands:

$4,500 2001 - heritage:

$5,200 2002 - lelands:

$7,100 2000 - lelands:

$7,100 2001 - lelands:

robert

Banned

Nothing knew was uncovered here in this post. Knowledgable Bonds collectors knew of all this already. Most, 98%, of the HR bats also were bogus. The bats may have been game used, but they were not real HR bats.

SCD AUthentic, Mears and nearly every other authenticator graded the stuff A10 because it came with a Bonds letter, Bonds hologram, etc. -- directly from Barry's agent.

However, this isn't rocket science. Most of the jerseys offered by Hoskins weren't even of a size that would fit on Bonds' body and that can be seen with a naked eye.

If you are looking for an authentic RARE Bonds game used item, there is a very cool 1987 game used Pirates jacket available.

Banned

Bondsgloves: I found one of your posted photos very interesting. The photo I am referencing is the one where Bonds is throwing a baseball to a little kid.

I just wonder if, maybe Bonds did wear his jerseys - he just didn't wear them in actual games? Just a thought.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

REA:
    http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/...2007/1201.html
    2001 Barry Bonds Signed San Francisco Giants Game-Used Jersey Worn While Hitting His 546th Home Run

interesting disclaimer that REA posted: "We could not offer a Barry Bonds home run jersey without mentioning the fact that Barry Bonds personally has questioned the authenticity of all Barry Bonds bats and jerseys, all of which were marketed by his then-partner Stephen Hoskins, who sold Bonds memorabilia under the company name "Barry Bonds Authentic." We have no way to reconcile Bonds' claims with the findings of our authenticators and offer no opinion. When REA offered a Bonds uniform in April 2006 (it appeared as lot 1071), we were contacted by Bonds' agent and informed that Bonds was disputing the authenticity of the uniform, and that proof of his claim would be forthcoming. Despite our considerable efforts to follow up, no proof or documentation of any kind was ever forthcoming. It is the opinion of MEARS, who provides uniform authentication services for REA, that this is a game-used Bonds jersey from the historic 2001 season, with unique taggings that identify it as a jersey that could have only been ordered by Bonds."

rudy.