Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News

Breaking News

The Yankees sign Mark Teixeira. This has been the greatest christmas for yankee fans.

Re: Breaking News

C.C - Check
    A.J. - Check
    Teix - Check
    2009 WS Champs - my 8 ball says the future looks bright!

Hello luxury tax. Maybe hello playoffs if they can finish off signing a rotation with the 50 cents left in the budget.

Seems like the old days for us Red Sox fans. Hope Theo enjoys sitting on his matress full of cash...or maybe we can re-sign Manny, I am sure that would help the team chemistry!

Matt

Banned

It looks like New york just BOUGHT another World Series.

On a side note if Boras keeps pissing off these teams there will be alot of players without teams this year.

I never really care to complain about salaries and team budgets, but this is getting a little ridiculous. Maybe they could go out and sign Lowe and Manny after the holidays.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Banned

I love it for this reason. I don't see the Yankees as being any better or worse with these signings. Granted I'm not a Yankee fan but the reason why I love it is they have had an All Star team for the past 8 seasons and failed to win the big prize. The signings of C.C., A.J. and Tex won't change anything. I still doubt they will make the playoffs. If those 3 don't perform there will be hell to pay in the NY media. Here is to a 9th year of no World Series ring!!!!

Cheers.
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    It looks like New york just BOUGHT another World Series.

When was the last time the Yankees bought a World Series???? The only reason their payroll got up there a little for there last WS win in 2000 was because they had to pay to keep their own, like Jeter, Pettitte, Posada, and Mariano.

Now if they win this year and these new guys come up big, then maybe you have an argument. If you want to say the Red Sox BOUGHT their last two WS, then you have an argument, but they Yankees in the 90's were a great team!

And even after getting CC, AJ, and Teixiera, their payroll is still under what it was last year.

Maybe Boston can bring back Manny and Lowe

The Yankees have always been great for baseball. They are arguably the most popular team in baseball with the second most popular being folks that hate the Yankees. Until they win 10 World Series in a row why not let them spend and play the heavy? Baseball has been a blast the past 10 years with Boston's resurgence and what seems to be a yearly suprise team making a run. Nope, I love my Mariners but baseball would just not be the same without the Yanks spending mad cash and stirring the pot.......

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    I love it for this reason. I don't see the Yankees as being any better or worse with these signings. Granted I'm not a Yankee fan but the reason why I love it is they have had an All Star team for the past 8 seasons and failed to win the big prize. The signings of C.C., A.J. and Tex won't change anything. I still doubt they will make the playoffs. If those 3 don't perform there will be hell to pay in the NY media. Here is to a 9th year of no World Series ring!!!!

Cheers.
    Aaron
    Good call Aaron. I am with you here...
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

At least the Yankees spend the money and dont run the club as a business like my home town Cardinals. The Cardinals like to pick up players from the scrap heap and the home media trys to act like its a huge pick up. I cant see why they cant spend some money every once in awihle.