Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Re: OT - Sports Paintings & Illustrations

Came across this painted ball. Looks like the signature is the artist's auto, since #5 was worn by Randy Ready for the Padres in 1987, and the auto and picture don't look anything related to Randy Ready. I am thinking the picture is Benito Santiago. Not sure what the #5 is for. Maybe the number of balls the artist painted. Anyone have an idea who the signature could be? Also the ball is a Charles Feeney game ball.

Name:  2014-04-19 09.23.40.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  502.9 KB

Name:  2014-04-19 09.24.24.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  273.5 KB

It's been a while since I've posted some of my work here! Gotten a LOT better over the past few years as you can all see here!

Rosie Santizo drew this illustration. She was ballgirl in the 1990's who used to dive for foul balls and became a fan favorite at Mariners home games. She was also a self taught artist and drew illustrations of players and other Mariner personnel. She was licensed by MLBPA to sell her sketches.

Rosie went on to college at University Washington before returning to baseball as an English teacher for foreign speaking baseball players. Sadly she died in a car accident in 2008.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Rosie Santizo drew this illustration. She was ballgirl in the 1990's who used to dive for foul balls and became a fan favorite at Mariners home games. She was also a self taught artist and drew illustrations of players and other Mariner personnel. She was licensed by MLBPA to sell her sketches.

Rosie went on to college at University Washington before returning to baseball as an English teacher for foreign speaking baseball players. Sadly she died in a car accident in 2008.
    Great story, but a sad ending. Thanks for sharing this!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~