Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: OT - Sports Paintings & Illustrations

Lance Richbourg Jr. is a very talented baseball artist. His father just happened to be a Florida Gator baseball player and became the first UF athlete to play professional sports in 1921. I couldn't find a website for the artist himself, but here's a link to a site that sells prints of his work.
    http://www.art.com/asp/display_artis..._Richbourg.htm

Not only do I collect sports art, I also am a major dealer in sports art.

You can view over 150 different pieces I own at

www.AllstarsArt.com
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

i like the art work of arod done by steele perez and wouldnt mind owning one; hower the peter max art popart is rather cheezy.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

anyone know the artist of the bottom portion of the artwork. this artist did a artwork for 2004 for the clemente family but i bought an print of clemente at the nationals back in 1996 so this artist must have used it or maybe both artisit used a photo to get this pose. i would like to buy the original if its out there.

any help would be appreciate. it the part of the artwork where clemente has his hat over his heart. its hat i use as a background when i display my clemente ball.

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

JOELSABI THE ARTIST NAME IS JAMES FIORENTINO

HERE IS HIS WEBSITE

http://www.jamesfiorentino.com/news.php?select=8

There is actually a Sports Art museum in Alabama called The American Sport Art Museum and Archives (ASAMA).

Each year they recognize a top "Sports" artist. It is a great eclectic collection so there is something for everyone. Art is so subjective so like joelsabi who finds Peter Max cheesy; however, he likes Dick Perez or perhaps may like another photo realistic artist.

http://www.asama.org/awards/sportArtists/index.html

Also in this next Huggins and Scott auction they have several pages dedicated to sports art. I consigned 5 pieces of art to them since they were doing so much art. Probably some good bargains to be had!

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-b...gory.pl?mode=b
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    JOELSABI THE ARTIST NAME IS JAMES FIORENTINO

HERE IS HIS WEBSITE

http://www.jamesfiorentino.com/news.php?select=8
    thanks suave,

i took that photo from his website. maybe he drew something similar before. that reverential pose is my favorite shot of his.

anyone know if there a famous photo of clemente that served as the inspiration of this artwork?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Art is so subjective so like joelsabi who finds Peter Max cheesy; however, he likes Dick Perez or perhaps may like another photo realistic artist.
    Very well put when it comes to art. It is very subjective and not everyones taste runs in the same vein. I only have one piece, it was done by an artist out of Denver whos name is Rob Wood. I've always wanted a true piece of art and his was affordable enough so I could have one. His work is along the lines of Peter Max I believe. I would post a pic, but the last time I posted it on a board everyone told me they hated it. But that's ok, I like it. And last month I was able to get it signed by the athlete, so now I really love it.

A few weeks ago, SCD's website had art of some lady from Canada. It was amazing. I saved a pic, here is a copy of it. If I remember correctly this was done with pencil.

Banned

One of my favorite sports artists is Gary Longordo - hes art uses vibrant colors. Click at the bottom of his page to (shop online) and you can see all his sports artwork.
    http://longordo.com/gary-LITE.swf

Banned

Another amazinf artist is Stephen Holland- his work is a bit pricey but I think worth it if you have a sports memorabilia room to put one in.

I recommend looking up these pieces he did.

Alex Rodriguez
    Babe Ruth
    Albert Pujols
    Lou Gherig
    Nolan Ryan
    Michael Jordan
    Tiger Woods
    Roger Clemens
    Sandy Koufax