Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: OT - Sports Paintings & Illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Another amazinf artist is Stephen Holland- his work is a bit pricey but I think worth it if you have a sports memorabilia room to put one in.

I recommend looking up these pieces he did.

Alex Rodriguez
    Babe Ruth
    Albert Pujols
    Lou Gherig
    Nolan Ryan
    Michael Jordan
    Tiger Woods
    Roger Clemens
    Sandy Koufax
    Suave - Great pieces!!! I have all of those in inventory except the Nolan Ryan. If I can help you out with a GUF discount, let me know!!!

http://www.allstarsart.com/Artist.aspx?artist=holland

-
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Andrew unfortunately at those prices I can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Andrew unfortunately at those prices I can't do it.
    That's why there is the GUF discount!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Andrew I am sure even with the discount it is still way out of my range of what I would be willing to pay.

Unless your doing a recession after christmas discount like the department stores up to 90% off lol lol

Thanks but I appreciate the offer.

Re: Slightly OT: Sports Art - Any Opinions?

Outside The Lines and Jeremy Schaap on ESPN did a great piece on the impact of the black athlete on society such as Jackie Robinson, Ali, Jesse Owens, Joe Louis, Doug Williams, and others.

As I am watching the show, over Jeremy Schaaps' shoulder is a Stephen Holland painting of Jackie Robinson he did last year.

It was cool to see as we have sold many of those paintings directly to some well known African American athletes and to see this in Rachel Robinson's home was special.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3835575

Name:  jackie_robinson_holland.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  136.0 KB

Name:  jackie_robinson_holland2.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  156.9 KB

Name:  jackie_robinson_holland3.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  63.1 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I do not claim to be an artist but I did paint one sports painting that I hang in my sports room.

Some days I like it and others I don't. I thought about having him sign it.

In case you can't tell I tried to do an abstract Buehrle.

I suspect most of the so-call art goes to sports bars or hang in the basement of someone's "man-cave."

The Godfather of Sports Art is LeRoy Newman, and most of his pieces, while expensive to many, isn't really conisdered art, but abstract illustrations. Their monetary appreication isn't very much, especially his litho's.

As far as the painting of that White Sox pitcher (what's his name?), nice try, not bad. By the way, do you also do bathrooms and kitchens?

Quote Originally Posted by encinorick View Post
    I suspect most of the so-call art goes to sports bars or hang in the basement of someone's "man-cave."

The Godfather of Sports Art is LeRoy Newman, and most of his pieces, while expensive to many, isn't really conisdered art, but abstract illustrations. Their monetary appreication isn't very much, especially his litho's.
    Glen, very nice!!!

Rick - I like your choice for the Godfather of Sports Art but you botched his name as it is LeRoy Neiman. In 2007, Neiman was named Sports Artist of the Year by The American Sport Art Museum and Archives (ASAMA) and the Smithsonian will house a LeRoy Neiman display upon his passing. www.LeRoyNeiman.com

Where I disagree with you is on the subject of monetary appreciation. Usually the greatest appreciation is discovering an artist early in his career. In 1978 if you purchased a Willie Mays for $500 you could sell it today for $5,000 to $10,000 in mint condition, but the greatest appreciation is in some of his original works of art. Now contrast that with his Roger Clemens that was released in 2003 for $3,200 and now tainted with Roger's off the field issues and that serigraph is probably 1/2 the original Retail value.

Name:  0233.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  128.9 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by encinorick View Post

As far as the painting of that White Sox pitcher (what's his name?), nice try, not bad. By the way, do you also do bathrooms and kitchens?
    Rick
    Are you an artiste? You're obviously not a comedian. I like the White Sox painting. Even if you don't, the house-painter crack is weak.
    In my humble opinion, Leroy Neiman blows. But, I am not familiar with Leroy Newman.

Heres a piece of my art. Its just pencil on thick cardstock. Its 11x18. Its also been sprayed to prevent the pencil from smearing. I'd sell it if I got a nice offer. I have one of Patrick Roy too.