Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Show off your original sports artwork.

I know I posted this somewhere before but what the hell.

This is my own personel attempt at abstract art. (Mark Buehrle)

Oil on Canvas 16" x 20"

By ME!

1) Original painting of Mark McGwire from the 2001 Topps Gallery set, by Bill Purdom.

2) Original watercolor of Joe Jackson, purchased at auction about a dozen years ago. I want to say it's by Rick Rush, but do not remember for certain. Signature is hidden under the mat.

3) Original watercolor study of Mickey Mantle, painted by my wife. Signed by Mickey in 1991. Not only did he not hesitate to sign a piece of original art, but was very complementary. What a great guy.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Garko Rookie Sketch done by a friend of mine (who does this inexpensively by the way)

My artwork:

I have one of Mike Vick I did a few years back but cant find a scan.

Great topic. I just had to show you some paintings done by a friend of mine, Graig Kreindler. I have seen alot of original sports artwork but his talent is second to none. The following pictures really don't do him justice as you should see them in person as the details just pop out. Graig really does alot of research to get every little detail right. I know right now he is booked about two years out but I will be commissioning him to do a piece for me real soon.

The Christy Mathewson is my favorite and blows me away.

Here are two favorites of mine. The first(on the right) is by Lon Keller, and it's of Ollie Matson. Lon Keller was also famous for designing the NY Yankee's top hat logo.

Second up is a painting by an artist simply known as Craig. It's of Steve Largent, and was featured on the front cover of a 1982 Gaemday program.

Quote Originally Posted by rose14 View Post
    Great topic. I just had to show you some paintings done by a friend of mine, Graig Kreindler. I have seen alot of original sports artwork but his talent is second to none. The following pictures really don't do him justice as you should see them in person as the details just pop out. Graig really does alot of research to get every little detail right. I know right now he is booked about two years out but I will be commissioning him to do a piece for me real soon.

your friend does really nice work. do you have an idea what he would charge? please email me.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Hack Wilson - Chicago Cub slugger - Original painting by Arthur K. Miller 30x35”. Oil on board... AMAZING details

and my Mickey Vernon H&B ad... I love these and would love to get ahold of the rest
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rose14 View Post

Your friend has recaptured some great moments. Some real talent there. Have him send me some information at info@AllstarsArt.com
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    One of the things about posting art work is that a picture doesn't do it justice.

Here is a painting I commissioned of the Washington Nationals titled "Father's Day Walk Off" The artist is Opie Otterstad who does amazing vintage paintings and sports celebration pieces. It measures about 40x30 inches and the picture I took is not great.

Attachment 34214

Here are a bunch of my originals on my art website.

http://www.allstarsart.com/Search.aspx?Keyword=original

This is a HR Derby piece on a mini-Homeplate by an artist named Charles Fazzino.

Attachment 34213
    That walk-off photo is pretty awesome. Do you have the guy's contact information? I would be interested in a much smaller piece.

-Leslie
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    That walk-off photo is pretty awesome. Do you have the guy's contact information? I would be interested in a much smaller piece.

-Leslie
    Les - Funny coincidence. I forgot that Opie lives in Houston and has painted Jeff Bagwell many times.

http://www.opieart.com/baseball_bigg_bags_cammy.html

Here is his website: www.OpieArt.com

Opie has been the official artist of the World Series celebrations for several years now too.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500