Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Show off your original sports artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    nice piece. so did you contribute to the ideas on the baseball or did you let Fazzino just do his thing. how much do these cost, if you do not mind me asking. I may want to get something done similar.
    Joel and Chris, thanks for the kind words.

Joel to answer your question, pretty much Mr Fazzino did his thing. As for a price, I rather not say, as the price I got was due to circumstances. But I must say it was a very fair price.

Just found this thread! I am a sports artist, I do oil paintings normal size is 16x20" for usually around $300-400 for the original artwork. I am in the process of making a nice Stamkos, first making it on photoshop to see what it looks like, going to be 36x48". Here is my site to see my work: moreauart.com, yes I know I need to get a new site.

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    I just got my first piece of sports art, its a hand painted Jeter signed baseball done by Charles Fazzino. This is a one of kind original baseball. With the help of a great forum, I was able to get this done.(He can chime in if he wants to.) A great big thanks to him!!! Steiner offered baseballs similar to this a few years back, but those where done in a limited addition and all had the same design. this baseball has its own unique design. The LOA also stats one of a kind, in the description. The are painted with cheers for Jeter and also have his achievements painted threw out, such as 2000 WS MVP, 96 ROY, 11xAS, and 5xWS champ. I'm very happy to have this!!!!!
    I just saw this post! Thanks for the kind words and it looks great!!!!!! I am thinking of sending in some more balls to Charles to get done as this turned out amazing!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Way overdue on this one....here are a lithograph of the original artwork I got on eBay years ago called "Pride of the Phillies" which I had Jim Eisenreich sign on 8/14/04 at the HoF in Cooperstown, and then was fortunate enough to obtain the original oil painting by Dick Perez.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: OT - Sports Paintings & Illustrations

Hey guys,

Thought I'd start this bad-boy up again, as I just got a few of paintings back from the photographers.

The majority of the portraits are on the smaller side, as I've been working a lot on them when I take breaks from the large canvases. I guess because they're a little less involved, they find themselves completed a bit quicker.

Mickey Mantle, 9/16/51, 30"x70"

Ty Cobb, 4/14/08, 40"x62"

Home Run Baker, 1913, 11"x14"

Lou Gehrig, 1927, 9"x12"

Jimmie Foxx, 1933, 9"x12"

Joe DiMaggio, 1936, 9"x12"

Bob Feller, 1937, 9"x12"

Lou Gehrig, 1927, 9"x12"

Jackie Robinson, 7/2/50, 22"x30"

Honus Wagner, 1909, 11"x14"

Charlie Gehringer, 1925, 9"x12"

Lefty Grove, 1925, 11"x14"

Darryl Strawberry, 1987, 11"x14"

Babe Ruth, 1922, 28"x36"

I have about five more that need to be photographed in the next week too, so I'll post those when they come back into the studio. Also, I have a ton of in-progress stuff that I can post if anyone's interested.

And if not, that's cool too.

Hope y'all enjoy!

Graig
    http://www.graigkreindler.com

PS: Also, if you're on Facebook want to follow me to keep up to date with what's on the ol' easel, check me out [L=here]http://www.facebook.com/GraigKreindler[/L].

those are some awesome paintings, especially like the joe d. and ty cobb ones...they all look awesome
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot, Danny - I appreciate the kind words!

Graig

Graig....

Beautiful work!

Do you ever do any "modern" Baseball scenes? Here's one of my favorite images, which I think would make a great painting. It's the Team U.S.A. team that beat the Cubans in the final game of the Olympic Qualifying Tournament, in Havana, 9/5/2006.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    I've shown off my Matt Holliday 8" x 10" Original Oil painting that was used to make his 2005 DonRuss Diamond King card before... here are my latest pick-ups...

From the 2010 Topps National Chicle Set and directly from the Topps Vault:

Troy Tulowitzki Base Card Original Art:

Eric Young Jr Base Card Original Art:

Eric Young Jr SP Card Original Art:

Hope you enjoy!

- Chris

P.S. - That Jeter Ball is pretty awesome!
    Those are just awesome. Congrats on the pickups.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Graig,

You just keep getting better and better, if that's even possible at this point. Best wishes for a great 2011.

R.J.
    R.J. Hinners

Always looking for Don Mattingly and other Yankees' game-used items and quality memorabilia.