Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joba Imposter?

Re: Joba Imposter?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    When it comes to that point, I dont believe the men care if the women are equipped with self-respect.
    He obviously didn't care. It's not his judgment I am questioning.

I used to be able to see his point... before I had daughters.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Could it be prosecuted as identity theft? He used someone else's name, a picture id (the newspaper photo) and forged names (autographs).

Banned

Wow I was a bit surprised by the reaction of some of you guys!!!

According to you guys I should be going to jail too??

I have had a couple of fun situations myself:

Last Year I was in a bar with some friends and these girls swore I was a Mets Pitcher, so I ran with it lol lol, Told them my name is Heilmaan (Mind you I look nothing like the guy)
    They bought me drinks all night

I have a friend who use to play Basketball in the european leagues so he is very tall and african american (He wasn't much for dressing up).
    Me I am tall but no where near him and when I go out I like to look as sharp as possible (Caucasion).
    (So imagine the responses on peoples faces when they saw us walk in together)
    We use to go out to the dance clubs and we'd tell girls he plays basketball and I am his agent.
    Again the drinks would pour in lol lol

I NEVER SAID I SLEPT WITH THESE WOMEN

JUST HAD A GREAT TIME OUT AND SOME DRINKS

But for those of you who are ready to lock me up, guess what it was just some fun and chances are if you could get away with it once you probably would too.

Not for nothing, if this guy got a few bagels and some cream cheese out of it BIG WHOOPS!!

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Wow I was a bit surprised by the reaction of some of you guys!!!

According to you guys I should be going to jail too??

I have had a couple of fun situations myself:

Last Year I was in a bar with some friends and these girls swore I was a Mets Pitcher, so I ran with it lol lol, Told them my name is Heilmaan (Mind you I look nothing like the guy)
    They bought me drinks all night

I have a friend who use to play Basketball in the european leagues so he is very tall and african american (He wasn't much for dressing up).
    Me I am tall but no where near him and when I go out I like to look as sharp as possible (Caucasion).
    (So imagine the responses on peoples faces when they saw us walk in together)
    We use to go out to the dance clubs and we'd tell girls he plays basketball and I am his agent.
    Again the drinks would pour in lol lol

I NEVER SAID I SLEPT WITH THESE WOMEN

JUST HAD A GREAT TIME OUT AND SOME DRINKS
    I'm with you 100%. My reaction to his signing his name and having a free bagel was that it was all a childish style prank. Nobody was harmed. A simple slap on the wrist would be fine in my eyes. There are plenty of more seedy criminals our law enforcement personnel should be concentrating their time on.

My tune did change after reading that he lured 100 women into bed using his "fake identity." There is where the line was crossed...
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

In Virginia, his actions would be equal to a larceny charge since he obtained goods under false pretences.

I agree that getting a free bagel and signing a few autographs isn't the worst crime known to man. More than a few tall tales have been told in bars to try and get a free drink or pick up a date.

......now give me my bagel !

A crime is a crime. Do we really want the judicial system to decide which ones are a waste of their time?
    Yes, we do. Driving five miles over the posted speed limit is a violation of the vehicle code; do you want cops stopping and ticketing every car that's not doing the speed limit or lower? Besides slowing down the flow of traffic, it's a waste of resources. So is spending tax dollars on prosecuting some guy for, essentially, pulling a prank on some very gullable people.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagedeputy
    There was a kid in California? this week that was charged with larceny in his high school for stealing $1.00 worth of brownies from the cafeteria. Should we brush it off as "its only a dollar" and wait until he's 20 and commits armed robbery before we punish him?
    I've been a very vocal and consistent critic of schools trying to keep offenses - sometimes as serious as sexual assault and possession of dangerous drugs - "in house", without even notifying or involving the authorities...but in the case of a $1 brownie theft, if the school administration is not equipped to deal with something like that without calling the cops, that does not speak highly of the administrators, at all.

Yes, we do. Driving five miles over the posted speed limit is a violation of the vehicle code; do you want cops stopping and ticketing every car that's not doing the speed limit or lower? Besides slowing down the flow of traffic, it's a waste of resources. So is spending tax dollars on prosecuting some guy for, essentially, pulling a prank on some very gullable people.

That's exactly what I want! And do you know why? Because its the law! If we as citizens want the law changed so that we can get home more quickly, petition your legislators. In the meantime, obey the law on the books. Should we just disregard the law because 50 cars on the highway are all trying to get somewhere?

I've been a very vocal and consistent critic of schools trying to keep offenses - sometimes as serious as sexual assault and possession of dangerous drugs - "in house", without even notifying or involving the authorities...but in the case of a $1 brownie theft, if the school administration is not equipped to deal with something like that without calling the cops, that does not speak highly of the administrators, at all

Well then, we'll have to agree to disagree. When you wear a badge for 12 years as I did, you learn alot about society. Recidivism is at an all time high. NO ONE gets rehabilitated in jail. Judges are far too lenient....jail sentences are far too short. A $1 brownie today, a few cd's from a student's open car window next week.....by the end of the school year, a stolen teacher's laptop and membership in a gang....where do you draw the line of legal and judicial intervention? If you think I'm out of line, as any school resource officer anywhere.

Teachers are there to teach, and administrators to administer policy. They are not there to break up fights, be assaulted, or suffer personal or financial loss. When that comes in to play, the police should be called.

That's exactly what I want! And do you know why? Because its the law! If we as citizens want the law changed so that we can get home more quickly, petition your legislators. In the meantime, obey the law on the books. Should we just disregard the law because 50 cars on the highway are all trying to get somewhere?
    That's exactly what happens, everywhere, every day. If traffic is flowing at a safe and prudent speed, the cop who intervenes to start writing folks up is either bored or badge heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagedeputy
    Teachers are there to teach, and administrators to administer policy. They are not there to break up fights, be assaulted, or suffer personal or financial loss. When that comes in to play, the police should be called.
    When those things happen, by all means, call the police. When somebody snitches a brownie, deal with it appropriately. It's apples and oranges.