OT - Sports Paintings & Illustrations

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xpress34
    • Sep 2008

Re: OT: Show off your original sports artwork.

Les -

Not sure who the artist is (I can always look on the piece) but the is the Original Oil Painting that Matt Holliday's 2005 Diamond King Card was made from:

And me with Matt the day he signed the matte:

The Nick Swisher and a few others like this SOLD for over $1,500 each - unsigned!

Now these two aren't 'originals', but one is an Artist's Proof (10 made) and one is a Hobby Proof (500 made)... the Hobby Proof has a BV of $250... so what is the Artist's Proof worth???

All the best -

Christopher R Smith (Smitty)

Comment

• xpress34
      • Sep 2008

I should add that the Ryan pieces are signed by the Artist - C Paulsen - and they are the artwork used for the Nolan Ryan 1990 Bowman Art Insert.

Comment

• gingi79
        • Aug 2007

I originally went to college for Art. It's Dale Earnhardt Jr. and I drew it like 6 years ago. Pencil drawing and then painted with oil pastels. Hope you like it.
        Attached Files
        Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
          • May 2009

Originally posted by gingi79
          I originally went to college for Art. It's Dale Earnhardt Jr. and I drew it like 6 years ago. Pencil drawing and then painted with oil pastels. Hope you like it.
          I did that same style drawing for my art class, I had to do a superhero and my choices were limited. Can be seen in this picture.

Comment

• MSpecht
            • Oct 2005

By Southern California artist Niles Palmer. Original oil painting circa 1971 purchased at the Laguna Beach Arts festival in 1971 or 1972. If I remember correctly, it is Pete Rose sliding into second base avoiding Dave Cash's tag. 18 inches by 24 inches.
            Mike Jackitout7@aol.com
            Attached Files

Comment

• chicagoglen
              • Aug 2006

I know I posted this somewhere before but what the hell.

This is my own personel attempt at abstract art. (Mark Buehrle)

Oil on Canvas 16" x 20"

By ME!

Comment

• rj_lucas
                • Apr 2009

1) Original painting of Mark McGwire from the 2001 Topps Gallery set, by Bill Purdom.

2) Original watercolor of Joe Jackson, purchased at auction about a dozen years ago. I want to say it's by Rick Rush, but do not remember for certain. Signature is hidden under the mat.

3) Original watercolor study of Mickey Mantle, painted by my wife. Signed by Mickey in 1991. Not only did he not hesitate to sign a piece of original art, but was very complementary. What a great guy.

Rick
                rickjlucas@gmail.com
                Attached Files

Comment

• GarkoCollector
                  • Sep 2008

Garko Rookie Sketch done by a friend of mine (who does this inexpensively by the way)

My artwork:

I have one of Mike Vick I did a few years back but cant find a scan.

Comment

• rose14
                    • Dec 2005

Great topic. I just had to show you some paintings done by a friend of mine, Graig Kreindler. I have seen alot of original sports artwork but his talent is second to none. The following pictures really don't do him justice as you should see them in person as the details just pop out. Graig really does alot of research to get every little detail right. I know right now he is booked about two years out but I will be commissioning him to do a piece for me real soon.

The Christy Mathewson is my favorite and blows me away.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• princip
                      • Dec 2006

Here are two favorites of mine. The first(on the right) is by Lon Keller, and it's of Ollie Matson. Lon Keller was also famous for designing the NY Yankee's top hat logo.

Second up is a painting by an artist simply known as Craig. It's of Steve Largent, and was featured on the front cover of a 1982 Gaemday program.
                      www.greenxoblue.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by rose14
                        Great topic. I just had to show you some paintings done by a friend of mine, Graig Kreindler. I have seen alot of original sports artwork but his talent is second to none. The following pictures really don't do him justice as you should see them in person as the details just pop out. Graig really does alot of research to get every little detail right. I know right now he is booked about two years out but I will be commissioning him to do a piece for me real soon.

your friend does really nice work. do you have an idea what he would charge? please email me.
                        Regards,
                        Joel S.
                        joelsabi @ gmail.com
                        Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• shoremen44
                          • Jul 2007

Hack Wilson - Chicago Cub slugger - Original painting by Arthur K. Miller 30x35”. Oil on board... AMAZING details

and my Mickey Vernon H&B ad... I love these and would love to get ahold of the rest
                          Attached Files
                          Bert
                          ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

• allstarsplus
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by rose14

Your friend has recaptured some great moments. Some real talent there. Have him send me some information at info@AllstarsArt.com
                            Regards,
                            Andrew Lang
                            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                            202-716-8500

Comment

• frikativ54
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                              One of the things about posting art work is that a picture doesn't do it justice.

Here is a painting I commissioned of the Washington Nationals titled "Father's Day Walk Off" The artist is Opie Otterstad who does amazing vintage paintings and sports celebration pieces. It measures about 40x30 inches and the picture I took is not great.

[ATTACH]34214[/ATTACH]

Here are a bunch of my originals on my art website.

DomainMarket.com sells premium domain names to entrepreneurs, businesses, and nonprofits that want to dominate their online marketplaces and control great brands.

This is a HR Derby piece on a mini-Homeplate by an artist named Charles Fazzino.

[ATTACH]34213[/ATTACH]
                              That walk-off photo is pretty awesome. Do you have the guy's contact information? I would be interested in a much smaller piece.

-Leslie
                              Les Zukor
                              bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                              Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                              (617) 682-0408

Comment

• allstarsplus
                                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by frikativ54
                                That walk-off photo is pretty awesome. Do you have the guy's contact information? I would be interested in a much smaller piece.

-Leslie
                                Les - Funny coincidence. I forgot that Opie lives in Houston and has painted Jeff Bagwell many times.

Here is his website: www.OpieArt.com

Opie has been the official artist of the World Series celebrations for several years now too.
                                Regards,
                                Andrew Lang
                                AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                                202-716-8500

Comment

Working...