Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AbsolonMoreau
    • Apr 2010

Re: OT - Sports Paintings & Illustrations

Have not been on here in a while, but I have been working really hard on a lot of paintings and here is one of them. This painting was originally going to be donated to a charity auction that Aaron was attending but the charity organization backed out.

Comment

• marino13
      • Feb 2010

A gift from a friend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeter_GUforum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	509.1 KB
ID:	688935

This is too cool for words. Maybe I will set aside some GU funds and channel them into these paintings.

It would be even cooler if Jeter signs it. Will have to wait and see.

Now I might want to get one with MATSUI, so I can photo-matched it with the game used bat.

Comment

• Gkreindler
        • Oct 2009

Hey all,

It's been a looonnngg time between posts, but I thought I'd show what's been happening in the studio as of late.

Hope y'all enjoy 'em!

Graig

Comment

• Gkreindler
          • Oct 2009

And some more...

Comment

• gingi79
            • Aug 2007

Wow. I truly love your work. I think the most amazing part is how you paint players as if it was the era they lived in. Seeing the Ruth makes you feel like it's the 1920's yet seeing the Rivera, it feels like 2000.
            Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• kudu
              • May 2007

Came across this painted ball. Looks like the signature is the artist's auto, since #5 was worn by Randy Ready for the Padres in 1987, and the auto and picture don't look anything related to Randy Ready. I am thinking the picture is Benito Santiago. Not sure what the #5 is for. Maybe the number of balls the artist painted. Anyone have an idea who the signature could be? Also the ball is a Charles Feeney game ball.

2014-04-19 09.23.40.jpg

2014-04-19 09.24.24.jpg

Comment

• AbsolonMoreau
                • Apr 2010

It's been a while since I've posted some of my work here! Gotten a LOT better over the past few years as you can all see here!

Comment

• joelsabi
                  • Aug 2005

Rosie Santizo drew this illustration. She was ballgirl in the 1990's who used to dive for foul balls and became a fan favorite at Mariners home games. She was also a self taught artist and drew illustrations of players and other Mariner personnel. She was licensed by MLBPA to sell her sketches.

Rosie went on to college at University Washington before returning to baseball as an English teacher for foreign speaking baseball players. Sadly she died in a car accident in 2008.
                  Attached Files
                  Regards,
                  Joel S.
                  joelsabi @ gmail.com
                  Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• 3arod13
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by joelsabi
                    Rosie Santizo drew this illustration. She was ballgirl in the 1990's who used to dive for foul balls and became a fan favorite at Mariners home games. She was also a self taught artist and drew illustrations of players and other Mariner personnel. She was licensed by MLBPA to sell her sketches.

Rosie went on to college at University Washington before returning to baseball as an English teacher for foreign speaking baseball players. Sadly she died in a car accident in 2008.
                    Great story, but a sad ending. Thanks for sharing this!
                    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

Working...