Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can anyone help me determine if this glove is legit GU or not?

Ok, so here is the story. I was given this glove a few years ago and I have always been wondering about how authentic it was, then i discovered this site and figured this would be the best place to ask for help.

The item in question is a David Justice 1990 fielding glove. Below are the photos i have taken of the glove and a scan of the COA that was given to me with the glove. Any expert opinions?

Re: Can anyone help me determine if this glove is legit GU or not?

Another "obtained from team employee story..." Amazing how these employees are never named. How convenient...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Would you want to be named if you were stealing stuff from the locker rooms and then re-selling it?

I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    Would you want to be named if you were stealing stuff from the locker rooms and then re-selling it?

My opinion, if a name is not there than how credible is the statement? Not very without a name in my book. If you can't provide a name than don't make the statement...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

I'm no pro on game used gloves, but the name written on the inside in black marker does not appear to be very convincing.

Most game used gloves that I have seen will have embroidery for the name, number, or whatever the player wants on there.

I know nothing about gloves. However, wasn't Blue Chip one of the top sellers of Braves stuff in the 80s? The name "Justice" seems to have been written on the glove before most of the use. Just a little CSI. Embroidered names on gloves didn't come around to the mid 90s, right? Am I wrong?
    Whatever happened to Vikes66 from the original GUF? Didn't that dude know a grip about gloves? What is Vikes' handle on this forum?
    I would like to know about this glove...

I know Paul Kinzer. He was always very good at his connections. I have no doubt that your glove is legit. He use to live in Cincinnati, the Oxford area, and I've always known for his game used equipment to be legit. He and his family moved to the Atlanta, Ga. area back in the 1990s. He had some players live with him and his family back then from the Atlanta Braves. He is now a sports agent. I know some of you guys are tired of hearing that "I have connections with the team", but he really did have some great connections. He use to get alot of Reds and Braves.

It appears to be at least a style match to his 1991 Topps card. The photo is from at least 1990 since the card came out before the 1991 season. Since Dave was a rookie in 1990 well you get the picture!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by mariner_gamers View Post
    It appears to be at least a style match to his 1991 Topps card. The photo is from at least 1990 since the card came out before the 1991 season. Since Dave was a rookie in 1990 well you get the picture!
    I jumped on this too soon. Once I blew them up and side-by-sided them they are similiar but different models.

I will look at some more pics and see if I can get closer....

Quote Originally Posted by cincy13 View Post
    I know Paul Kinzer. He was always very good at his connections. I have no doubt that your glove is legit. He use to live in Cincinnati, the Oxford area, and I've always known for his game used equipment to be legit. He and his family moved to the Atlanta, Ga. area back in the 1990s. He had some players live with him and his family back then from the Atlanta Braves. He is now a sports agent. I know some of you guys are tired of hearing that "I have connections with the team", but he really did have some great connections. He use to get alot of Reds and Braves.
    I personally would not think to use the "comes from ML source" or whatever unless I planned on naming it...it just sounds ridiculous otherwise.
    ROBERT KOPPEL