Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Smile Home run baseballs w/IRON-clad Provenance...

Hi GUU members.....This is my second post as I am a "newbie" here, but a long-time collector of game used memorabilia from MLB. As I stated in my first post, I came accross this site on google while checking into the questionable exploits of everyones favorite question avoider, Scot Monette of ASI/ESM/Company Name flavor of the month.

I am currently searching for a few specific home run baseballs:

-Frank Robinson
    -Eddie Mathews
    -Jim Thome
    -Frank Thomas
    -uninthusiastically (but still need) Gary Sheffield

I collect home run baseballs by certain players, and I have decided to give it a shot by requesting them 5 at a time (mixing old with new, hard with easy). These are my first five (5) I will actively seek out this coming year. If my search stalls, I'll add to my wish list as time goes.

Any insight from you members as to who I should be contacting would be greatly appreciated, as I have seen just a couple of posts here by other members that have stated they collect "home run baseballs".

If there is ANYONE on this site that can help me out, I would very much appreciate an email. I only collect balls with excellent provenance or proof that "it is what it is claimed to be". In the case of Eddie Mathews, since he is deceased, I would prefer that the ball be signed, but it's not a deal breaker if it isn't.

I am really excited about finding this site, and I know I can add a TON of great experience and knowledge to it for you fellow collectors. Also, I have an annoucement to make to the members, but am currently awaiting one more major free-agent signing before I do. You'll know why at that time.

Thanks for all of your help, and I look forward to making many friends here while helping out the community in regards to the rampant fraud in our hobby. This site appears to be doing a great deal in reducing it, and that's great for all of us.

Regards,

Steve

suicide_squeeze@roadrunner.com

Re: Home run baseballs w/IRON-clad Provenance...

I have a few from current players, none that you have mentioned.
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Who have you got, tiger?

I have Gary Sheffield's HR 499 ball w/ MLB hologram. It was purchased directly from the Tigers.

Gary Sheffield actual 499th HR ball

Hologram number LH175432 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under PLAYER COLLECTED HR BALL.
    Session Product Description:

Session Name: TB AT DET
    Session Date: September 26, 2008
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: DETROIT TIGERS GARY SHEFFIELD 499TH CAREER HOME RUN BALL HIT INTO THE VISITORS BULLPEN

Name:  sheffield_499HR.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  44.7 KB

Name:  sheffield_499HR_c.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  50.7 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Number retirement home run ball FREE BUMP!!

Dave m.
    Chicago area

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I have Gary Sheffield's HR 499 ball w/ MLB hologram. It was purchased directly from the Tigers.

Gary Sheffield actual 499th HR ball

Hologram number LH175432 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under PLAYER COLLECTED HR BALL.
    Session Product Description:

Session Name: TB AT DET
    Session Date: September 26, 2008
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: DETROIT TIGERS GARY SHEFFIELD 499TH CAREER HOME RUN BALL HIT INTO THE VISITORS BULLPEN

Attachment 19435

Attachment 19436
    Andrew,

Do you still have this ball?

Not to overstep any bounds...but the answer to is this ball still available is "no". I believe it now resides in the 500 HR Club Members Home Run Baseball collection of Steve Mears.

wade