Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Blue Chip Sports

I was just about to post here, asking about Blue Chip. Pity that their rep seems to be what it is - they've got quite a few bats on their inventory list, reasonably priced, that I woudn't mind having.

I've been looking around for alternatives to eBay - just trying to see what's available elsewhere, and what the prices are like. Blue Chip was one that I found - the other is Left Field Collectibles. Anyone have experience with Left Field?

Always looking for different methods outside of EBAY, but for some reason I just can't get away from searching the bay.

Hi --

Re: Left Field Collectibles--- the owner, Art Jaffe, is one of the very knowledgable game used bat guys out there, and is one of the pioneers of collecting GU bats. He provided numerous pictures for Vince Malta's new book, and has a very strong inventory of both vintage and modern bats. A good feature of his site is that if you click on the players name, images of the bat come up--- his site is a very good research resource. Art has helped many bat collectors over the years.

Good Luck

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Hi,

I have been dealing with Blue-Chip for years, Jim Popham the owner is one of greatest guys you could ever meet ! Sometimes is is difficult to reach them but if you ever deal with him, you won't have any problems, as for Left Field, as mentioned in the previous post by Mike, Art is one of the best in the buisness and a great person.

George

Thanks for the info on Left Field and Blue Chip, guys.

Any auction alternatives to eBay that you can recommend?

Banned

I have never purchased from them but have had mixed success with them responding to my emails. I believe Jim's wife runs the website and answers all the emails. Sometimes I have received an answer the very next day, sometimes it has taken 2-3 weeks, and sometimes I never hear back from them.

They don't have pictures of any of their bats and aren't willing to take individual photos for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wllump52 View Post
    I purchased a number of Giants bats from them about 2 1/2 years ago. These bats are still listed on their site. The bats were very nice and were as described and I was very pleased with the bats.

I contacted them recently to inquire whether their site was up to date and was told it was....
    This thread (Blue Chip Sports) has been discussed before .

Funny , I was told the same thing about the website being up to date .

It has been over a year , maybe close to 2 years now , I bought 5 bats from them . The bats are still listed in inventory on their website .

I don't think it is a matter of trust but rather a lack of time or more important priorities . I was told the owner is always traveling and into other business endeavors.....

Maybe they should sell the business to one of us ..............
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Thanks for all the advice. It sounds like the forum is 50/50. Five days before I posted the first message I had sent an email inquiring about photos for six bats. On Tuesday, I got an email from a lady saying that 3 of the bats were no longer available and one was a different model. She did not offer to send pictures but I replied back asking for some though. I have not heard back yet. They can't really expect to sell bats site unseen do they?

Regards,

Dave Z

Quote Originally Posted by MSpecht View Post
    Re: Left Field Collectibles--- the owner, Art Jaffe, is one of the very knowledgable game used bat guys out there, and is one of the pioneers of collecting GU bats. He provided numerous pictures for Vince Malta's new book, and has a very strong inventory of both vintage and modern bats. A good feature of his site is that if you click on the players name, images of the bat come up--- his site is a very good research resource. Art has helped many bat collectors over the years.
    After reading your testimonial, I went ahead and bought three bats from Left Field last night. The shipping charge that came up when I went to pay by PayPal was $15 per bat, and since there was no mention of a combined shipping discount anywhere on the website, I just went ahead and paid the $45.

Today, I got an email from Art, along with a notice that I was being refunded $20, as I'd overpaid for shipping. Completely unexpected, but of course totally welcome, and very reassuring generally. This is pretty obviously an honest businessman, and I can't wait to see the bats.

Thanks!

Does anyone have a phone number for BLUE CHIP SPORTS ? Their website seems to be down, and I would like to contact them. Thanks in advance.
    Tim