Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1995 Jerry Rice jersey

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180317288941

Interesting (not in a good way) that the auction photos show the Wilson sleeve logos to the right of the TV numbers yet Getty Images #71339898 and #71339894 show the Wilson sleeve logos above the TV numbers.

Any thoughts?

Re: 1995 Jerry Rice jersey

Ooops, title should read 1994...

Banned

KC played SF but once that year, in week 2, and that just happens to be the game the pics on Getty are attributed to that show the 'w' above the numerals on the away jersey.

Therefore, the story in the LOA does not jive AT ALL.

Yeah I saw that last night. I noticed the W placement on the getty photos as well. I had emailed the seller last night asking what color the paint marks were on the jersey (in case it was used in the preseason or something), but received no such response. In 94 the niners started wearing the throwbacks full time toward the begining of the season so not many games that that style jersey was worn. The jersey has sold.

For whart it's worth,This jersey was sent to me by an auction house last month for review/ opinion. Lets start with the patch in the wrong place, a date code of HZ, (Dec '95) what appears to be manufactured wear (heavy), sleeve numbers that don't match with the game tape,the sleeve numbers are sewn differently than the front and back numbers,the spandex side panels had been sewn together at some point to make the jersey narrower and the the stitches were subsequently removed but they left the threads hanging out, the thread around the numbers is falling apart, and as mentioned, the Wilson logos are in the wrong place. there were a few other items, but you get the idea.

Looks like a board member got the jersey with a best offer of $1500.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mfsquirrelmaster View Post
    Looks like a board member got the jersey with a best offer of $1500.
    Wouldn't a board member read this thread and well, know better???

Hard to say of they read it or not. Could be a leap of faith and hope its better in person, but at $1500 I doubt that. On the other hand, we have to face it that not everybody is on the up and up and you never know when or how a jersey will resurface.

The jersey was purchased by a very respected football jersey collector on the forum so maybe he'll share insight into his purchase of this jersey.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    The jersey was purchased by a very respected football jersey collector on the forum so maybe he'll share insight into his purchase of this jersey.
    Would love to hear his take on why he thinks Lon Lewis is wrong on this jersey, and he's right.