Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2009 cardinals winter warm up

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Congrats, Dave! Sorry I'll miss you.

The autograph lineup and prices were released yesterday and are available on the team's Web site. Among the things that surprised me:
    • Albert is still $175, in spite of winning his second MVP. I thought for sure he'd be $200 this year.
    • Molina is $100. I know Yadi is popular, and I think the world of him, but $100 is ridiculous -- especially when Jack Clark is $10.
    • Colby Rasmus (never played above AAA) is the same price as LaRussa (lock HOF manager) -- $30.
    • 2008 1st round pick and highly touted 3rd baseman Brett Wallace is free. They could have charged $5 and easily made $2K or more for the charity. Missed opportunity, but good for the fans willing to endure his line.
    I won't be setting up this year, but I plan to attend all three days. Hope to see you there!
    $175 for an autograph at a fanfest? Jeeze at the Phillies Phestival you pay $10 for admission and you get 5 autograph tickets 4 random tables with 2 at a table and then 1 ticket you can exchange for any table so basically you can get 8 autos or more some tables have 3 and then get howard, utley or rollins if they dont have a photobooth all for $10

Quote Originally Posted by bubbrubb25 View Post
    $175 for an autograph at a fanfest? Jeeze at the Phillies Phestival you pay $10 for admission and you get 5 autograph tickets 4 random tables with 2 at a table and then 1 ticket you can exchange for any table so basically you can get 8 autos or more some tables have 3 and then get howard, utley or rollins if they dont have a photobooth all for $10
    Unlike most fan fests, the Cardinals' Winter Warm Up is a fund-raiser for charity. People know going in that all money raised will be invested back into community/youth programs. For the most part, autographs can be obtained at prices below market value (i.e., if these guys appeared at your local card show). There also are almost 50 free signers (mostly prospects and former players). I rarely hear complaints about autograph prices at the Warm Up. In fact, if this wasn't a charity event, I think the fans around here would still attend and pay the same prices.

Quote Originally Posted by kj33706 View Post
    i will be there and i will be lugging a adam kennedy bat saturday, i then will be lugging a mark little and rick ankiel bat on sunday, then on monday i will be lugging around a troy glaus and adam wainwright bat..... trying to get all my game used bats signed and what better place to get them signed is the warm up you get a nice auto and i hope all will sign it game used 08. since they were used in the 08 season......... again if anyone is looking for anything special let me know i don't mind helping anyone out............ just email me at kj33706@yahoo.com
    Kevin, I might be able to use your help on Saturday with Kennedy. I also need a bat signed and I have three other signatures to get during Kennedy's period.

Also, if you or anyone else can help, I need a couple "line buddies" Monday at 9 a.m. I have three Cal Eldred bats I need signed, but the free autographs are limited to one per person. Since he's the first signer that morning, we should be able to get in and out fairly quickly (and then jump straight into the Glaus line). Please let me know if you can help. Thanks.

Unlike most fan fests, the Cardinals' Winter Warm Up is a fund-raiser for charity. People know going in that all money raised will be invested back into community/youth programs. For the most part, autographs can be obtained at prices below market value (i.e., if these guys appeared at your local card show). There also are almost 50 free signers (mostly prospects and former players). I rarely hear complaints about autograph prices at the Warm Up. In fact, if this wasn't a charity event, I think the fans around here would still attend and pay the same prices.
    Redsfest is all for charity as well and they don't charge for any autographs
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Right but Phillies Phestival is also for charity, the money goes to ALS.

jeff no problem with the cal bats, just get a hold of me i don't mind helping you out one bit email me and i can give you my phone number so we can figuure something out........

went to day and they had some neat stuff like bricks that were left over form building the new busch stadium with a very nice brass plate for 25.00 dollars and fsn cards banners that hung from the street post for 40.00........ over all great time and will be back at it on sunday.......

The Orioles Fan Fest has raised money for charity for years and has never charged for an autograph (other than the admission ticket to get in).

Yes, the Cardinals do charge for autos BUT I assume that means that they raise more than teams that don't charge. Remember, this money goes to local charities.

Being new to STL, I attended my first Cards Winter Warm Up yesterday and was very impressed. Trust me, it blows away the Orioles winter events that I have attended. In addition, I added my first non-Orioles game used jersey to my collection yesterday. I am now the proud owner of a 2008 Skip Schumaker away jersey.

Nice pick up on the Skip jersey and welcome to the Cardinals community! I went to my first one last year and had a blast. Sure I spent 600.00 but it was worth it. Still think they could make it more reasonable so people like me could afford to go back!

What has anyone else picked up this weekend?